Nightforce MOAR reticle

Warrior27

Hello all, I currently have the NXS with the illuminated MOAR reticle on my hunting rifle. I love the scope. My next build I plan on cutting cost a little so I was looking at the SHV line up. How is the the non-illuminated MOAR reticle for hunting? How does it fair in low light? A lot of my hunting will be in Midwest timber. I'm not ruling out the illuminated version or possibly even the Forceplex but wanting to hear your all's opinions. Thanks in advance.

I've owned several NF & the MOAR is my favorite reticle. In the past I've mostly used it without illumination, but recently I've been trying the illumination both red & green, in different field situations, target colors, background lighting conditions, power settings, brightness settings, etc. & find my self using it more often. My eyes are getting
Older tho, & the illumination helps in certain situations.

I have 2, 20 Vartargs and they each have the NF SHV with the MOAR reticle. My reticle is illuminated, but I have never had used it that way. On the SHV only the center is illuminated in red.

I'm currently working on a specialty pistol and it too will have an SHV with the MOAR.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.