Nightforce MOAR advice

Hard to say why you would want a v1000 scope unless your load matches each line in the reticle. FFP you can do quick hold overs. If you have time to dial then sfp will work just fine.

At the risk of being repetitive......Dial and hold for hunting. Zero Stop feature is great on NF. Also prefer SFP for hunting as at low mag levels the cross hairs are still easy to see. At high mag levels, the cross hair is not too thick. Willing to give up judging shots by MOA if not at right magnification level. If I miss by a foot high, I hold next shot down by same. For those in PRS or competitive shooting, different game indeed.

Hard to say why you would want a v1000 scope unless your load matches each line in the reticle. FFP you can do quick hold overs. If you have time to dial then sfp will work just fine.
They made a few different models. The UHV is the one closest to the rifle I want to put it on. Then of course I would verify the distances.

My vx5s and Vx6 leupolds as well as the mark4s and mark 5 all track perfectly as do my nightforces. I don't care who's name is on what equipment. I test it to make sure it works in a practice situation so I have confidence in it when it's no longer practice.
I have friends with the newer ones and they really like them. Personally it just seems like I'm always sending them back. I ended up with this one in a pinch from my gunsmith after I busted my Zeiss. So far no issues. I really like the fine crosshairs. It will be coming off this gun once I make my decision though

I have 4 NF scopes. Love them all. Solid build and always repeatable. Dial for elevation, hold for wind. Although sometimes I dial in initial wind and then hold off of that.
For a new NF, take a look at the NX8. Great glass, between NXS and Atacar, and easier on your wallet.

Scopelist.com has a demo/ discount black Friday sale going on. Pretty good prices. I have never bought from them

I really want to know how guys are using their Nightforce scopes with the MOAR reticle. Right now I have 2 custom built rifles with different scopes. My 7mm has a Zeiss with the Rapid Z 800 Reticle. It shoots too flat for the reticle, so I have a cheat sheet for that one. My .30-.338 has a Leupold VX3 with the Varmint reticle. Have to have a cheat sheet on the stock for that one too. It had a Zeiss on it until I was crossing a creek and fell down the bank, landing on my scope. I have it figured to 700 without dialing right now. I guess I've had some bad experiences dialing in the past, so for hunting, prefer holdover reticles. I'm curious how different hunters use their MOAR reticle. Hold over or dial. Or a combination of both. Nightforce quit making their Velocity 1000 or thats what I'd be getting. My buddy loves his. Anyways, I'm leaning towards either the NXS or Atacr so would love some feedback. Thanks, David
Hold for wind and movement at all distances....to variable for dialing. Drop.....hold out to 500-600 yards. Dial for longer shots where time is usually available. Don't find NF reticle selection very good. Prefer Christmas tree style reticles. NEVER use BDC reticles. They are "fire for effect" reticles.

Once you do this for yourself you will see
Yes, I get it. Already have the wife talked into a couple new toys. A new scope being one of them. She did get her bull with my rifle this morning using the hold over method. Not that far a shot though. 406.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.