Nightforce made in Japan?

HH .338

Good day. I ordered my Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 with the R2 reticle from Wolftactial.com. Got here today and when I checked it out it looks fine and man is it ever huge! Only thing I noticed is that is has Made in Japan stamped on it. I thought that Nightforce scopes where all made in USA? Can anyone shed any light on this? Are they all made in Japan?

later

HH338

The last time I talked with a dealer of NF here in PA, his answer to that question was, the scope is made and assembled in Japan.

The reticule changes are made in Idaho from what he said.

This was about 1 year ago.

Maybe things have changed?

I would think that if the scope was made or assembled here, it would be stamped, made in the USA.

Later
DC
smile.gif
confused.gif

I don't think you can have a 100% American made anything anymore. Nor do I think it is unpatriotic to purchase any product that best suits your needs in a global economy. Buy it because it meets your requirements, and assess it by how well it performs.

The only negative reports I've heard about Nightforce is that the illuminated reticle models are awkward to adjust, and a lot of disappointment that they don't make first focal plane models.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.