Nightforce illuminated reticle trouble

Jritt

Purchased new NF 5.5 x 22 x 56 and when it arrived the reticle wouldnt illuminate. I attempted to adjust the setting, but still no change. After installing a new battery the reticle lit up immediately--I assumed problem solved. The next day I mounted the scope and again pulled the knob to illuminate the reticle and it would not work. Has anyone had problems with the illum reticles in NF scopes? I plan to contact NF directly but curious if this is common. Thanks

I have owned many NXS's and all worked well. Just a thought, but are you testing it in a dark or low light area? I can't see mine unless it is low light.

Jeff

I'm going to out myself as a dumb *** but I did exactly what Broz mentioned with my first NF. I'm not saying that's your problem but you may want to check it in low light.

Yes I did think of that too and tried adjusting it in a very dark room and I couldn't get any illumination at any setting change of the set screw. I will contact NF and see what they think

I can't believe I'm going to admit this on an open forum but that was the first problem I had with my first NF. I thought what the heck I just spent all this money and the *** doesn't even work it won't turn on and I tried everything. Or so I thought.

Then I read the user manual. Amazing how well those instructions really do work when you use them. LOL

23, you ain't the only one. Heck my first one I bought used and I didn't even know how to turn it on for quite a while

I thought the illuminated reticle was a special order option and when I sent a scope in for a zero stop I asked them to install an illuminated reticle also. :D I guess they thought it was pretty humorous.

I still have never used it for anything.

I thought the illuminated reticle was a special order option and when I sent a scope in for a zero stop I asked them to install an illuminated reticle also. :D I guess they thought it was pretty humorous.

I still have never used it for anything.

Ha! sounds like a lot of us rip it out of the box and bolt it on, just like Christmas morning.. Ha ha.

You have to give NF credit here. They did an excellent job of making it look nice and in a handy place too. Not like other scopes with the big wart on the eyepiece.

Jritt, we kinda hi-jacked your thread, but it looks like you are correct in calling them. I bet they take good care of you. Please let us know what you find out.

Jeff

B23, you ain't the only one. Heck my first one I bought used and I didn't even know how to turn it on for quite a while...:D

Jeff

I didn't even know they came standard with ill. reticle until just before I ordered one. Good grief... Sometimes a guy should pay attention, huh? :rolleyes:

You have to give NF credit here. They did an excellent job of making it look nice and in a handy place too. Not like other scopes with the big wart on the eyepiece.

Jeff

Very true. A feature packed, very tough scope at a price that's very hard to beat.

The weird thing is I did replace the battery and it worked right away. But the next day it again wouldn't illuminate. I did double ck the battery direction and its correct. Makes me wonder if the light can short out or has a loose connection. Sent email to NF waitng for response

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts