Nightforce Direct Mount for Remi 700 - question

Jon2

Dear all

Is anyone out there using the Direct Mount (with the built in 20 MOA taper) from Nightforce on their M700?

I am looking at getting one and I have a 50mm S&B which I want to mount but don't want the ocular bell sky high above the barrel and want to mount it as low as possible.

I am wondering what the lowest high available might be and would it accommodate by S&B 50mm so that it looks right and proper and isn't unneccesarily high?

It doesn't seem to give any info regarding height options on the NF website.

Thanks

Jon

Dear all

Is anyone out there using the Direct Mount (with the built in 20 MOA taper) from Nightforce on their M700?

I am looking at getting one and I have a 50mm S&B which I want to mount but don't want the ocular bell sky high above the barrel and want to mount it as low as possible.

I am wondering what the lowest high available might be and would it accommodate by S&B 50mm so that it looks right and proper and isn't unneccesarily high?

It doesn't seem to give any info regarding height options on the NF website.

Thanks

Jon

If no one can help here, best thing to do is call NF. They will be glad to help you out. I would call them anyway. They gave me some info about the different ACI/ADI mounts that I didn't get here that proved important to my decision.

-Mark

Thanks Mark

I did what you said and also got a very good reply from NF.

Unfortunately it wasn't what I was looking for as they offer 2 heights and the lowest accommodates a 56mm obj so I will pass on this I think.

I have reverted back to Picatinny EGW rail (alu) and Badger rings (alloy) and I think the standard Badgers will get me low enough to have it look just about right.

Thanks for the info.

Jon

I have an EGW 20 MOA mount and low Burris XT rings on my Savage 110 with a fluted barrel. My 50mm scope is .104" from the barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.