Nightforce competition vs Steiner military scope comparison.

stokley1

Hello all. I have spent about 6 researching and reading forums to determine which scope to use for 1000 yards F class type shooting. I decided to purchase the 2014 Nightforce competition 15-50x52 FCR-1 reticle. First of all I really like the scope and feel I got my money's worth.
With that being said I was expecting better glass. I have looked through or owned high end luepold, sightron, Schmidt bender, and Steiner.
I don't promote any of these brands and don't care who is best. The best I have ever owned or looked through is a Steiner that's on my REM 700. I know this will go against the grain but I would compare the Schmidt and bender I owned and quickly sold to the quality of the sightron. The Schmidt and bender felt and functioned better than the sightron but the glass was almost the same. With that being said the glass in the Nightforce comp, and the Steiner seem sharper and clearer at distance to me. Witht the Steiner taking the cake. Now at 1000 yards the Nightforce with its high Magnification works better than the Steiner. But if you put them both on 16 power the Steiner image quality is beautiful. I am disappointed in the Nightforce. But not so much so that I'm going to throw a fit. Just have to accept it. tha is for your time. Just wanted to share my opinion. I hope Steiner makes a f class capable scope in the near future. They will get my business.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 178
Maybe. i just should let my own experience guide me rather than depend on the mass opinions of others. I am hoping that my experience with the Schmidt and bender was just that one scope. It is the only one I have ever looked through. I will have to get out to some ranges and look through more glass before I make another purchase. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 193
Been doing a lot of shooting with the Nightforce and it is really starting to grow on me. I feel that I didn't really give it a fair shake. Now that I have spent some time behind it. I am very pleased.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.