Nightforce competition 15-55x52 FCR1 update

stokley1

Guys. I have put around 150 rounds down range using this scope. I have to admit when I first started using it I was a little disappointed. But now that I have tweaked my length of pull and comb adjustment it is awesome. Eye relief was the issue. Now I can stay on target. I was shooting steel at 600 yards yesterday and really enjoyed watching the bullets impact the steel then hearing the ding. Then when the dust settled you can clearly see where your bullet hit. I would recommend that anyone using this scope or looking at getting one. Just take the time to lay down behind the rifle and make adjustments. Make sure your comfortable and have the scope set where you have the best eye relief and I'm sure you will be pleased.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 130
I got the same one a few months ago when they first came out (2014 version). I was pleased with mine from the git-go. It's sitting on a 50 BMG and it's been rock solid. The only time I notice eye relief issues is when I change the magnification and then I just re-accustom myself to it. Good clear picture at all magnifications.

Agreed. I just got spoiled with a Steiner with tons of eye relief. But now I'm good. Yes great glass. Don't need a spotting scope.

second the no spotting scope thing. With 55x, a spotter isn't going to do any better. I made the mistake of buying a Barska spotter and it's complete trash. If I want to see my hits, I just wait for the shock wave to clear and look at the target.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.