Nightforce BEAST vs Khales 6-24?

Epee

I have narrowed it down to these TWO. FFP at this point in time, unless of course you can really give me a compelling argument.

I'm confused enough after reading for WEEKS about different scopes.

Yes I have already looked at S&B, US-Optics, Vortex, and IOR.

I have already ordered my Sphur 34mm high mount.

This goes on a 300 WM. I'm a target shooter/hunter, but have never owned high end optics on high power rifles. Smallbore was my game, with a 36X Unertl Programmer, and a 20X which I still love and own.

So what reticle? I'm confused, having mainly used just standard target cross hairs.

I'm leaning to mil/mil. Khales offers an Horus 59, ready to ship. BEAST from a supplier has Mil-R, but if I add the H-59 it jumps to over the price of a S&B.

I just can't bring myself to pay over 4k for a scope. I could, but I don't want to, it just bugs me.

Once again thanks so very much for your time and help.

Sir,

I'm not sure where you saw a Kahles with Horus H59, but we do not license that reticle. We have the AMR reticle, which is similar is some regards, and different in others. We also have the SKMR reticles which are new for 2015 along with the MOA version if you decide that is more suitable. Please see the article on the Kahles K624i MOA version which details nearly every aspect of these scopes. The mils version is identical except for of course the mil adjusting turrets and reticles.

If you have specific questions regarding the Kahles scopes, please ask. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

It was shown on the SWFA website under Khales. Let me know if that is a bogus scope. That reticle on that site looks like an H59 to me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok, I went to your site in Austria, and the reticle is called the AMR. So that is the one I was looking at, and you are correct it's not an Horus reticle.

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Ive been looking hard and have friends that hold WR in 1000 Bench.I think the scopes you are looking at out perform your rifles abilities.Ive been looking to upgrade a scope on my 338NM ,I have 2 and The Kahles was is high on my list.Has great features.But I have a March on the way for my packer weight issue for me and my Mark 4 Leo 6-20x50 going on heavier build TMR.I shoot mil,you can find much better deals in the used marked,one I got is new in box at large discount.The Kahles is 32 oz. The Beast is a ridiculous 40.8 oz.March 3-24x52 23oz.

Look at the ATACR F1. I think this new scope with the MIL-R or Tremor 3 reticle is going to sell very well for a number of reasons. Uses the same prescription as the Beast without the extra cost to get a locking turret that is really not needed 99.9% of time. If you need a locking turret look at the 4-16. They are just shipping the 5-25. Got the lucky phone call a few days ago.

I think you would be overjoyed with the kahles. Super dependable, accurate, correctly sized dimensions. No downside. The beast is just that. It's heavy big tubed, though a great scope in some applications. Some gen2 kahles on eurooptic for 1950 to 2350 on sale. gun)

I purchased the Khales 624i Bughole. Thanks for replying, and yes I'm thrilled with the Khales.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.