Nightforce Ballistic Targeting Software By Ward W. Brien

I finally figured out how to get Ballistic much closer to JBM...at least so that a trajectory for my .308 is very close out to 1100 yards. You have to turn off the Zero Atmosphere, then set the Current Atmosphere so that temp, humidity, and altitude are the same as JBM. Provided you are using 29.92 as the value in JBM and have checked "Pressure is Corrected", you then set "Standardize Pressure" off in Ballistic and use 29.92 as the Barometric Pressure. Seems totally bass ackwards, but it does match that way.

Hi , I was wondering if the nightforce software takes barrel length into consideration......all the other ballistic software that I have used the barrel length is for a 24 inch barrel and my 308 has a 26 inch barrel....the other software claims a 12-15 inch drop at 300 yards and in fact my drop at 300 meters is only 5.25 inches

thanks
Dave
(cdwyke)

The barrel length is Not Taken into consideration.
When the correct Velocity data of the bullet is entered into the data entry point of the software, barrel length does not have a contributory function.

Getting up to speed on modern marksmanship tools. great read and new to the long range shooting. shot in the marines out to 600 yrd accurately no scope. Looking to up my game. thanks for the info. keeping up with some of this tech is a pain in the ***. have a good day.

like you I have issues with technology. I bought the nightforce on a palm device at ebay, it worked letter perfect but the device was a bit sketchy the ad said new battery, but didn't say the charge system was junk, anyway, used it for a long range shoot, left it in the gear bag for near a month, when I got it out the device was dead, and refuses to charge, the program is gone and so is the seller. Where do I get a ligit copy of the program as in a hard copy, on cd? really bummed as the program made it easy to make 1000 to 1400 yard shots every time. wind changes you just change that item and it gives you the solution.

like you I have issues with technology. I bought the nightforce on a palm device at ebay, it worked letter perfect but the device was a bit sketchy the ad said new battery, but didn't say the charge system was junk, anyway, used it for a long range shoot, left it in the gear bag for near a month, when I got it out the device was dead, and refuses to charge, the program is gone and so is the seller. Where do I get a ligit copy of the program as in a hard copy, on cd? really bummed as the program made it easy to make 1000 to 1400 yard shots every time. wind changes you just change that item and it gives you the solution.

Are you referring to Exbal ballistic calculator?
If so they are out of business now. Lawsuit ended it

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts