Nightforce ballistic softwear- Which Kestrel do I need ?

Down Under Hunter

Hello,

I have purchased the nightforce pda softwear and wish to purchase a kestrel weather meter. I have looked at the 2500 and 3500 models. Can I get away with the 2500 model ? What info does the NF softwear ask you to input ??

Thanks

Last edited:
You will need to imput,
1- wind speed
2-barometric pressure
3-relative humidity

I use the 3500 and prefer it to the 2 others that I have 4000 & 4500 models..I have no experience with the 2500

Last edited:
You will need to imput,
1- wind speed
2-barometric pressure
3-relative humidity

I use the 3500 and prefer it to the 2 others that I have 4000 & 4500 models..I have no experience with the 2500

jwp475- Thanks for your thoughts. If I could ask a small favour ? Would you mind having a look at the features on the 2500 and see if it has all I need ? Do I really need humidity ?

Thanks

If you're not concerned with humidity, and most agree that humidity is a non-issue in most normal shots, then you can get what you want in a 2500. You do need baro pressure, temperature and wind speed. You do need some way to know the elevation so you can set the baro pressure in your unit. I get that from my GPS.I personally use a 3500 as I want to be able to input any and all conditions that might affect the shot in any way.
ScreenHunter_01Sep1210.44Large.jpg

Last edited:
What ss7mm said! I've got the 2500 and just just great w/ it. But, every time I use it and I have to skip over the part where it asks for humidity, I wish I had a 3500. It's a personal thing. If your anal about stuff, get the 3500. If not the 2500 will suffice.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.