Nightforce aftersales service

Jon2

Dear all

Has anyone had experience of Nightforce's after sales service - especially for repairs etc?

Would be interested to hear of good/bad/indifferent levels of service.

Any feedback greatly appreciated

I ordered a nightforce scope, they told me as of Janury they would be getting a new machine in and I would be able to get a zero stop for my scope. But now they are still backed up with military and police orders that they don't know when I will be able to get a zero stop. So much for us common people! I would not of bought a nightforce if i would of known that they would not of kept their word and put a zero stop in! so I would recommand a different scope which has a return to zero, because this will save you a lot of trouble if you can't remember where your zero is.

Nightforce customer service is excelent IMHO.I have sent back 2 for a reticle change and the service was swift with a return in less than a week..I also sent one back because of the 12, repaired and back to FedEx on the 13.....
I use the NPR-2 reticle and do not rotate my turret past one revolution,that way I can not lose tract of where I am in reguards to zero...Example if I need 12 3/4 MOA I go to line 6 and dial 3/4 MOA on the Turret...Nightforce is one of the very few scopes available that adjust in true MOA and not IPHY

thumb.gif

Last edited:
I've never had to send a scope back to Nightforce but I've called them several times with questions about their product and also the electronics in them. I've read several accounts of people that have sent scopes back and the general opinion seems to be that their service is on a par with Leupold as far as quick turn around and great service. At one time I had thought about making a change to the electronics in one of my scopes and they told me they'd turn it around in less than a week and have it back to me.

I've never had a problem with returning my Nightforce to zero. I sight the scopes in, zero the elevation and windage turrets and then put a small number at the base of the elevation turret that tells me how many indicator lines are showing when I'm on my zero.

Knob is on zero, 3 lines showing and I know it's right where it should be. Because all of my scopes aren't the same I put a number on them all. Unless I go blind or forget how to read I can return to my exact zero every time.

Since I don't use my scopes in a combat situation I don't feel that I have to have a positive return to zero. In a long range hunting situation things are usually pretty calm after the shot and you can simply turn it back down where it should be. Returning your turrets to zero should be a conditioned response that happens automatically after the shot/s anyway. What I have works just great for me.:):)
DSC02319Small.jpg

Zero stops are easy to install on Nightforce scopes. Its a simple drill and tap, install a set screw, done.

If your not comfortable doing this on your own send them to me and i can fix er up for ya.

Dave

SS7mm,

fwiw - a friendly suggestion, try moving the ACI to a position forward of the port. It is more out of the way of the focus knob and a bit easier to see.

On the thread subject, like JWP, NF changed out some reticles and it was quick and painless. They have excellent customer service.

Thanks all for the advice.

Nice to know the general jist is that customer service is good. I need a new ocular bell/housing and hope that is straight forward enough. The lenses etc are fine but need to replace the entire ocular housing including zoom and focus ring. Hope they don't have to re gas etc.

Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.