nightforce 8 x 32 x 56

col48

Dose nightforce or any other company make similar scope covers to the new ones from Leupold.(LEUPOLD ALUMINUM FLIP COVERS )To fit 8 x 32 x 56
As my scope is very close to the barrel.
And when i put a butler creek on i have to sand some of the outside off.

Colin

I am not aware of any screw in cover for the Nightforce scopes. I have a friend who has a similar problem to you, (very close gap between the barrel and objective)

He uses the flip up Butler Creek covers and has removed a thin section at the 6 o'clock portion of the slip on piece, it works and no dust enters the lens area.

Another idea is to obtain an extension tube (or two) that should create more clearance albeit farther down the barrel - assuming your rifle does not have a parallel barrel profile.

[ QUOTE ]
Colin

I am not aware of any screw in cover for the Nightforce scopes. I have a friend who has a similar problem to you, (very close gap between the barrel and objective)

He uses the flip up Butler Creek covers and has removed a thin section at the 6 o'clock portion of the slip on piece, it works and no dust enters the lens area.

Another idea is to obtain an extension tube (or two) that should create more clearance albeit farther down the barrel - assuming your rifle does not have a parallel barrel profile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Andy
i have done the same,but i don't want the butler creek to creep round a bit and touch my barrel.
i have the extender Sun shield,but i shoot at night with this particular rig,and thought it might not let as much light in the scope,as the lamp is always at the side of me level with the side of the scope.
i have just got the Leupold obj aluminum flip cover and i thought they where very good.(just need the front one)

Hi,
My nightforce 8x32x56 came with screw in lens covers so yours should have.Might want to get in touch with nightforce.
Regards
hjl

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
My nightforce 8x32x56 came with screw in lens covers so yours should have.Might want to get in touch with nightforce.
Regards
hjl

[/ QUOTE ]

(do you mean flip covers) or do you mean the Sun shade that you get with the scope as i have this already.

I bought an adapter from nightforce so u can use any type of filter that you can use on a 35mm camera. I have a clear that I keep on it when hunting and a real dark filter when target shooting in the sun. Works good also cheaper to replace a 15.00 filter than the the glass on your nightforce. MO

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.