Nightforce 8-32 Nxs vs the 22 power?

WEATHERBY460

i came across a good deal on a used nxs 8-32 for 1600...will this scope be ok to use for long range shooting on a hunting rifle...or is it way overkill? I am use to 24x, but on cheaper scopes.....thanks

also is this a good price?

Basically your preference. I have an NXS 5.5-22x50, and I can easily sight game on the 5.5 x out to beyond 1K. The 22 x is nice for details like trying to determine if your animal is legal, etc. and nice for a precise POA in load work and target practicing. I struggled between the 3.5-15 and the 5.5-22 because I wanted some low power for the possibility of a close shot.

For a spot & stalk hunting scope, I wouldn't want the 8-22. For varmints and paper shooting it would be great. Your call.

Is what a good price?

-Mark

Last edited:
The 8X-32 has less elevation adjustment than t he 5.5X 22X. You have to consider the trajectory of your rifle and canted bases or Burris adj rings and how far you are interesting in shooting. In addition to your hunting style as mentioned.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.