Nightforce 5-25x56 ATACR-F1 MIL Scope Review

ADMIN

Administrator
Walking down the line at a rifle range before a Precision Rifle Series (PRS) style shooting competition will remind grown men what it felt like to be a child on Christmas morning. As I meandered down the shooting line of my first competition I met many fellow shooters who were more than happy to show me their rifle and optic set ups and explain to me the pros and cons of each. As could be expected, custom barrels were the norm and aftermarket stocks and large tactical style scopes were plentiful. The more shooting systems I examined the more I became surprised at the lack of one particular brand of optics atop competitors' rifles, Nightforce. I asked many of the shooters why they chose their particular optic over such a well-respected name as Nightforce. They almost always came back to the same answer - lack of first focal plane (FFP) offerings.
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Nightforce 5-25x56 ATACR-F1 MIL Scope Review, By Justin Hyer. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Mine is due this month and I hope it is as good as this review says.

I truly don't think you'll be disappointed. It really is an AWESOME optic. Although I've shot through some higher end optics in the past, I had never desired to own a "high" end optic but this one ruined me after playing with it for a few weeks.

Good article, Justin. I've been demoing a 5-25X ATAC-R SFP and I'm genuinely shocked at how much I like it compared to my NXS (which I had no issues with whatsoever). I agree that the light "gathering" ability of the ATAC-R's is amazing as is the Digillum system. I'm now anxious to try the 4-16X FFP.

Good article, Justin. I've been demoing a 5-25X ATAC-R SFP and I'm genuinely shocked at how much I like it compared to my NXS (which I had no issues with whatsoever). I agree that the light "gathering" ability of the ATAC-R's is amazing as is the Digillum system. I'm now anxious to try the 4-16X FFP.

Thanks Tim. The Zero Hold feature on the elevation turrets of the 4-16 F1 is awesome. I think Nightforce should just incorporate that feature on their windage turrets and not worry about capping them anymore, just my $.02 I have only played with the 4-16 but it was a very impressive little optic.

The color rendition just continued to blow me away the more I used the ATACR. It truly ruined me and "forced" me to jump into the high end rifle scope realm.

:cool:I wanted this scope last year in October but when I called Nightforce they told me they don't make a FFP scope like this. Then he paused and said if I waited until January they'd have it at the Shot Show in Vegas and I might be able to order one from one of the vendors there. Well... I got mine this past summer and am I blown away with this scopes quality and features. Durability, light transmission, power range, precise and trackable adjustments, Zero Stop and Digillum reticle all in a 34mm tube. It has become the perfect scope for my 0 - 1500 yd. .300 WM platform build. Next year I will hopefully be able to acquire a .308 chambered AR for my 0 - 700 yd. platform. It will be topped with either another 5x25 or the smaller ATACR1 scope. I got bit by the Nightforce bug. Their products can give you 100% confidence in each and every shot.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.