nightforce 2.5-10x32

partisan1911

I am going to put one of these on my carry hunting rifle .338 lapua. I plan on using 225 or 250gr bullets and limiting my ranges to 5-600 yards. Has anyone tried the new ballistic reticle? Is this reticle going to be close enough to not have to adjust turrets or do you think I will be able to handload to match the stadia lines? According to nightforce they have different "velocitiy matched reticles". Would this be considered a high velocity or medium velocity round?

You'll get the best answer from directly from Nightforce. If I were to get a scope like this for shooting to say 600 yds, i would zero it to the 400 or 500 subtension. If there is a descrepency in the trajectories (which there will likely be) the error will be smaller on the close end and should be well within minute of moose.

-Mark

Good point about the long zero, I will definately do that. I plan on making this my one hunting rifle I can use for all my walking around hunting. I have a heavy 338 lapua so I already have all the components to handload for it. I am going to load partitions for close shots and matchkings for the longer shots on the the smaller game.

Who should I call about getting the best price with one of these scopes in stock? They seem to be popular right now and everyone is out of stock. I am not too concerned about zero stop, I would prefer the turrets to be covered since it is going on a rifle that will be packed through the mountains.

NF scopes are MAP'd (Manufacturer's Assigned Pricing) which means dealers do not have he option of changing or lowering the price, at least not "publicly". They might be able to make other deals with you like free shipping, free or discounted rings and bases, etc.

NF scopes aren't covered. They don't have to be. I have put quite a few mountain miles on mine and it's not an issue.

-Mark

I had euro optic give me a great price on my last nightforce but they don't have what I am looking for in stock. I guess that would be the biggest issue, not sure how long it would take for the main distributor to fill the request.

Euro optics has a 2.5-10x32 with npr1 reticle for $1000. I found the one I am looking for with a shipped price for $1200. I think that was a decent price for this scope, it seems they are hard to keep in stock.

Call Mark's Outdoors at 205-822-2010 they have a used one I just saw today. Not sure of the reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts