Nightforce 2.5-10 x 32 NXS Compact

That adjustment should be the knob on the left side.

Here is a picture for reference.

2mffdk5.jpg

Ken
Nightforce Optics

What sort of max ranges would these scopes be good for on a hunting gun, considering theres no parrallax adjustment

Parralax adjust is not nessecary with 10 power and below.

I agree with Shawn distance is rifle shooter related and not a max scope power problem

What sort of max ranges would these scopes be good for on a hunting gun, considering theres no parrallax adjustment

I use a few 10x scopes that do not have parallax out to 1k and have not had a problem with them. You really do not need to worry about parallax tell you hit the 12x mark. If you maintain good sight alignment you will be good to go.

Mike @ CSGW

They are 19 oz. and with the zero stop/windage limiter option they are about $1400.00 I have one on my personel "sheep" rifle they are a very nice piece of gear for a light rifle that you still want some "legs" for.

I put one with the mil-dot reticle on my .308 and haven't regretted it one bit. I had the rifle zeroed faster than with any other scope I've used and whatever I dialed in was dead-on every shot. I haven't had an opportunity yet to get out beyond 400 yards but had no problem sighting targets out to that range. This scope feels and looks well-balanced, particularly on my 20" barrel:

2.5-10_quarter_view.jpg

I also am considering the 2.5-10 x32 rather than the 3.5 -15 X50 because I will be putting it on a rifle for hunting Black Bear. The low end 2.5 is better for closer encounters. In fact, if Nightforce made a 1-6 x32 I would seriously look at it over the 2.5-10 x32. It all depends on how you plan to use your rifle and your style of hunting. What one views as long range another may view as an unacceptable risk at wounding an animal and chooses to stalk closer willing to walk away empty handed rather than take a shot they are not comfortable with. This also goes to the caliber and even the style of firearm we chose to hunt with. We are all different and each to there own.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts