Night vision sights

Gerald89

Just wonding if anyone has used nv scopes such as the Pilkington MK 4 Kite (gen 3) in a long range role?

I have russian gen 2+ goggles with 4X lens.

My goggles could be described as nearly usless in the field without ir illumination under most conditions.

Do the scopes have bdc turrets etc (assuming they can reach out far enough to need them)?

Thanks Gerald

Hi Jeza,

Last I was over Fultons (Bisley) had a Maxi MK4 Kite in for 4k. Not seen Midi Kites around. Here I only get to play with CZ NV stuff, which is expensive and not really cutting edge - not seen any Gen hyper yet anyway.

The Kite should be good out to about 200m on foxes.

David.

Just fitted a US Gen2+ tubed monocular to the rear of an IOR 3*25 - Seems OK so far - No IR and 200m but a reasonable amount of natural (moon) light. BUT really I'd look for something with a DEP XD4 tube if you're REALLY keen.

Thanks for your replies.

I have had a bit of a search around and managed to find some photo's through a kite as well as some other high end kit (at nightvision forums).

The kite looks quite good at 400-500 Yards!

Looks like my Russian unit is well behind in the performance stakes.

Although as the natural light conditions can be so variable I would have thought you need the units side by side for a good comparison.

Gerald

Thanks for your replies.

I have had a bit of a search around and managed to find some photo's through a kite as well as some other high end kit (at nightvision forums).

The kite looks quite good at 400-500 Yards!

Looks like my Russian unit is well behind in the performance stakes.

Although as the natural light conditions can be so variable I would have thought you need the units side by side for a good comparison.

Gerald

You might want to look at www.night-optics.com The ATN/PS 22 scope(600 yards) attachment and the ATN/PVS 7 goggles. They are 3G and work very well under most conditions.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.