night force dialing question

So hopefully I'm just not versed enough in dialing a scopes and the fix to my issue will be obvious to all of you. I did a turret test on my new NXS. At 100 yards I zeroed it then dialed up 20 moa. I place another dot 21 inches up (20 moa) and shot. The impact however was only 17 moa. I dialed up to 23 and hit the spot. Is there an issue with the scope or am I missing something. Anyone have any thoughts on my precived issue?

NightForce scopes rarely have more than a 1% error factor.
When you "zeroed" it, how many rounds were in the zero group and where in the group was your starting point (center, highest/lowest point of impact?) and what was the group size?
How many rounds were fired for your group at 20 moa dial up? How reliable is the load you're using? (I've had some that were so bad they wouldn't hold 2 moa at 100 yards)
How reliable has the rifle been for providing groups under 1 moa?

Have you tested your scope with the tall target test?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Wf0Cuwwi8&feature=youtu.be

Figured it out. Sorry. I blindly trusted the yardage marks at the city gun club. Dumb. I went back out there and their 100 yard target was at roughly 85 yards. Thanks for the input though guys. I was pretty worried thinking that their could possibly be an issue with the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.