Nickel Brass

I don't care for it myself. The nickel is a plating and it can flake off in your dies; I don't like the thought of that kind of grit in my dies.

Just my opinion.

Good luck!

The only advantage I see is being able to spot empty casings that may find their way to the ground. Easy to spot against a pile of "brass". But that being said, it is still easy enough to find my magnum sized brass against the piles of .30-30, .223 and 7.62x57 brass that are scattered at my local public range.

Nickel Brass....

I've used it for a few carts.

It's easier to clean and easier to spot expansion rings torward the end of it's life. That said, I see no real advantage to using it. I'll only purchase it when it's on sale for a good price. Never had an issue with the plating coming off in dies.... Just as good as regular brass IME.

Good Luck

Reloader

I have used Nickel cases loading my 22-250 and 270 Win.. Since it is harder it will mark up your dies(you will find this out when you resize a regular brass case) and it will split easier. I now only use it when I load my 270 Win using the Lee collet dies. Since the collet dies grips the case the nickel will not mark up the die.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts