Nice Scope - Leupold 4-14 LR B&C Reticle

Ian M

Just put one of these scopes on my little 7-08 and it is one fine optic. 30mm tube, 40mm front end, very bright and sharp glass. Nice new turret "handles", very easy to finger crank, easy to zero with a moveable ring. Side focus works great, fast focus eyepiece for sharpening up the crosshairs - I used to take seven turns to focus reticle compared to where my buddy likes to set the eyepiece, now only two turns.
B&C looks simple, uses holdoff points and magnification settings for different cartridge performance.
Hope to do some killing with this rig, will shoot steel and see how well the holdoffs work for the 140 Win. Supreme Bal. S'tips.
Snow today, not good for shooting for a while - maybe about five freaking months
mad.gif

Glad to hear you like it. I think I will put one of those one my new "walking-varminter" except I'll use the varmint reticle.
Rick

Speaking of a walking varminter-- hows about a Savage Striker 16 3/4" Broughton barrel .243 WSSM, with that VX III 4.5-14X 30mm/M1 turret/varmint hunter reticle. It's gonna be a spot and stalk coyote rig. Just waiting on the scope now.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.