Nice factory bedding

Philward

Nice bedding Browning, new hells canyon long range in 30 nosler. I thought these stocks had aluminum bedding block or pillars at least.

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_213627501_BURST001_COMP.jpg
    IMG_20200404_213627501_BURST001_COMP.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20200404_213639841.jpg
    IMG_20200404_213639841.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
Best factory bedding I have ever seen is on all 3 of my Kimbers. Second are my FN made Win Model 70 EW's. The bedding isn't 'pretty' but functional.

As long as the bedding supports the action and doesn't allow movement, it is doing it's job. Aesthetics are another matter, I do my utmost to make every bedding job look aesthetically pleasing, but some stocks just make the bedding look ugly, no matter how much care you take.

Cheers.

I assume they take the action out of the stock to clean it prior to shipping. That would mean they saw this and passed it on. The other option is that they just put release agent on and glue it in the stock. Either is sad and reflects anything but what they claim in their promotions. I'm certain its functional but absolutely hideous. Poor QA and worth contacting them about it. Things slip by us all, but if they let that go, what else?

Will see how it shoots first. Rear looks ok but the front with that void and it looks to have encroached on the action screw and been carved out, ugh. That was my original thought but it's probably they just squirt the stuff in and put the gun together with release agent on it as mentioned, never to be seen again. Looks like full contact with the recoil lug and tang so maybe it's ok.

I have never seen a bedded factory rifle disassembled after bedding, they are done one after the other in quick fashion.
You would be the first person to see the end result. Yes, they do clean out the screw holes, but not by disassembling the rifle as far as I know.

Cheers.

P. S.
I just bedded a CZ550 safari classic 416 Rigby for myself...I haven't used enough compound behind the lug, trying to be minimalist hasn't worked. Looks like the Drexel will get a workout next weekend.

The second recoil lug 'F' block is nicely bedded though, so at least half the job looks good.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.