Nice Cow

whitely

I drew an either sex tag for #214, 4th rifle. A friend of mine has plenty of access on this unit and said we could hunt it. As luck would have it, we spotted this large herd in a nice pasture and put on a good stalk. I caught this one cow trying to sneak across an irrigation ditch and dropped her like a stone from about 150 yards away. It was odd, but there was this funny yellow tag in her ear, must have been some sort of DOW tracking tag. I called them and they were very rude and condescending. Nice eating BTW:

Attachments

• cow.jpg
    cow.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 108
I assume since you are from colorado this is a joke, however some guys from wisconsin shot a llama out here a couple years ago thinking it was a mule deer....

I drew an either sex tag for #214, 4th rifle. A friend of mine has plenty of access on this unit and said we could hunt it. As luck would have it, we spotted this large herd in a nice pasture and put on a good stalk. I caught this one cow trying to sneak across an irrigation ditch and dropped her like a stone from about 150 yards away. It was odd, but there was this funny yellow tag in her ear, must have been some sort of DOW tracking tag. I called them and they were very rude and condescending. Nice eating BTW:
What was bullet load combo? How was bullet performance? didnt ruin any of those nice steaks did ya? :Dgun)

Riley

Somehow the cow managed to drown itself in a irrigation ditch after breaking through some ice. They came up to our camp and wanted help "gutting" the thing, since you can't bring it to the processor. We grabbed a couple of quarters and a back strap (using the Colorado method).

The coyotes went crazy when they found it later on.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.