Nice Boar

My wife and I are bless to live in the USA, to have a son and daughter that love to hunt and fish. I've taken My son on his first Deer,Bear,Elk, turkey, and many upland birds. My daughter loves to hunt everything also,stay tuned this fall Cassandra plans on getting her first Elk to go along with her first Bear. She already has many Mule deer to her name!

On Friday evening my daughter and I went scouting for a bear, she spotted one that we decided to come back for in the morning. Morning can Cassandra was up before me telling me to get it together so we can get to the ranch after a stop at Safeway and the expos stand we were on our way. It only took about 10minutes to locate him in the morning. We planed our stock, we got to 200 yards, got the Rem 700 25/06 set up on the bipod. Cassandra said dad I'm on him and it's perfect can I take him, the Y in Yes was barely out of my mouth and we saw the big guy go into a tuck and roll.View attachment 207552View attachment 207552View attachment 207679
Congrats!!!! Very nice bear!!

Well I love to see this!! I would give all my deer meat away each year to have bear (and salmon). I exposed both my girls to it all but they didn't follow the huntress path, yet. Your daughter is a prize for sure. Most especially to DAD. Mine just ate my baby ruth bars and still would go into the woods just for that LOL!

Absolutely nothing in this world beats hunting with your kids. No prouder dad moments when we get to watch our kids be successful

On Friday evening my daughter and I went scouting for a bear, she spotted one that we decided to come back for in the morning. Morning can Cassandra was up before me telling me to get it together so we can get to the ranch after a stop at Safeway and the expos stand we were on our way. It only took about 10minutes to locate him in the morning. We planed our stock, we got to 200 yards, got the Rem 700 25/06 set up on the bipod. Cassandra said dad I'm on him and it's perfect can I take him, the Y in Yes was barely out of my mouth and we saw the big guy go into a tuck and roll.View attachment 207552View attachment 207552View attachment 207679
Way to go Cassandra

Congratulations to you and your daughter. And great a story! I know that time spent will be special between you two. I just had a daughter a little over two weeks ago. I hope she will want to be with me in the field as well.

Hard to say which grin is bigger.....hers or the boars...
Congrats.....one I haven't taken...yet...just haven't acquired the taste for bear meat....sausage..or the rest......

Looks like an old bear....gum line down on his canines?.....
A good butcher will mix 50% with pork. Makes gr8 kielbasa and breakfast sausage.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts