NF SHV or VX6 HD???

I have the VX6HD 4X24 and love it so far. Great low light glass, tracks right on with CDS dial or with the moa recital. Midway has the 3x18x50 for 1499 right now

I have both. The vx6hd is a better scope for hunting, in my opinion, because it is lighter and provides slightly more resolution in low light scenarios. However, the SHV I have is on the rifle I take hunting the most...so whatever that means..??

Trying to decide between the two and could use some advice. I'm looking at either the 56mm Nightforce SHV or the Leupold VX6 HD CDS in 3.5 x 18 x 50. Deciding factors are in this order;
1) low light capability / glass quality
2) tracking capability of turrets
Any input as to which of the two would be appreciated
I have the SHV Love it. Crisp clear glass. Large Field of view. About $600.00 cheaper.
Nightforce glass is great.
My sling swivel broke on my rifle strap on a recent hunt causing my rifle to hit the ground from shoulder height. Scope never lost zero.
Have been recent complaints with Leupold vx6 having tracking issues and guality control issues.

Maybe we should start a post about the leupold line and see how many owners actually have issues. I see a lot of "I heard" on this site.

Ive dropped my rifle with a nxs twice and both times I had to rezero. Had to rezero from the rifle laying on its side in a case on my 4 wheeler too. Sent it back to nf 2x and both times they gave it clear bill of health. Idk but it bugs me

Maybe we should start a post about the leupold line and see how many owners actually have issues. I see a lot of "I heard" on this site.

Ive dropped my rifle with a nxs twice and both times I had to rezero. Had to rezero from the rifle laying on its side in a case on my 4 wheeler too. Sent it back to nf 2x and both times they gave it clear bill of health. Idk but it bugs me
I did just that last year( leupold thread) most of the responses were in regards to the first gen vx6. A common theme was that the scope failed to rtz and rather than return to leupold they sent down the road and brand hopped. Then the second most common response was my buddy had...
Then all the supporters jump on, bash the old gold ring and tout their superior insert other brand here.

I did just that last year( leupold thread) most of the responses were in regards to the first gen vx6. A common theme was that the scope failed to rtz and rather than return to leupold they sent down the road and brand hopped. Then the second most common response was my buddy had...
Then all the supporters jump on, bash the old gold ring and tout their superior insert other brand here.
Yeah that's what I'd expect. Leupold has come a long ways the past several years. I like my nf but I'm also pretty happy with my vx6. Actually torn cuz I need to sell one and thinking of selling the nxs and keeping the vx6.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.