NF scope

ozzie longshot

gun)hey Ozzie here, was wondering if anyone has used the NF 8x32x56mm. was thinking of upgrading my 5.5x22x50mm. still a great scope but wanted something with a bit more magnafication for those longer shots.

I have two of them and like them very much, both of the rifles they are on are fairly heavy and would not be used for offhand shooting so I do not need to go down to 5.5x magnification.
It is nice to have the extra magnification when you need it, BUT remember that the internal adjustment on the 8x32 is only 65 MOA, vs 100 MOA on the 5.5x22, so depending on how far you plan to shoot and how much elevation you might need this could be a factor in your decision.

Dave

Cheers heaps for that, putting it on .338LM
With the load I have now, 65MOA will get me around the 1650yd mark so not to bad. Might be worth giving up the 35MOA to get a clearer precise shot on targets.
Cheers for the info mate, helped heaps

I changed from a 5.5~22 to a 8~32 NXS on my 338 LM. Then changed back to a 5.5~22. The up side is more magnification that is great and really helps with long range groups. But the down side is, as mentioned, loss of 35 moa, plus the increased mirage, and huge loss of field of view.

I could have lived with all of them other than the loss of moa simply by turning it down some. But even zeroed at 300 with a custom milled base that gave me all 65 moa up I didnt like running out at a mile. I dont shoot a ton past a mile but, I find myself doing it more often these days. And the 22x will get me there.

Jeff

Ya I've heard the mirage can be pretty crazy. Most of my shooting is done early to mid morning to escape mirage and wind. I mainly have to take shots starting at 600yds due to the terrain. So that's y I was thinking of going the 8x32. 5.5x22 would still do the job but seem to be doing more longer shots these days.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts