NF Scope or Leupold

bast0573

Looking for the best scope I can get my hands on. Money is not a factor. I've been looking at NF and Leupold In MILs.

The NF scope i as looking at was mainly was the ATACR 7-35. But is it actually better than the benchrest, competition, NX8, and the BEAST? or should I go with the Leupold Mark 5HD 7-35?

ive never owned a NF but have an older leupold that is really great! This is being bought for my daughters competition rifle. mainly target with quick corrections.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If there's no budget, I'd be looking at other brands. The 7-35 ATACR is an excellent scope but I'd probably look more at the top end Kahles, S&B, and ZCO scopes for a real "spared no expense" optic.

A lot the decision depends on the actual features you're looking for.

If there's no budget, I'd be looking at other brands. The 7-35 ATACR is an excellent scope but I'd probably look more at the top end Kahles, S&B, and ZCO scopes for a real "spared no expense" optic.

A lot the decision depends on the actual features you're looking for.
Is nightforce not a top end brand Compared to the others? I thought they were one of the best If not, the best. im clearly a victim of their excellent marketing lol

Is nightforce not a top end brand Compared to the others? I thought they were one of the best If not, the best. im clearly a victim of their excellent marketing lol
It depends on what you call better? There are a few brands of high end scopes that have better glass quality but the majority of shooters probably would have difficulty in finding the noticeable difference between them. There are also some scopes that are more expensive than Nightforce that are inferior. I have many different scopes in my arsenal but I have never had a problem with my Nightforce scopes and the ATACR and NX-8 are top of the line scopes, in my opinion. I have a Tangent scope that is, in my opinion, the best scope presently made. Is it that much better than a Nightforce ATACR? In some ways but, I think it would be wise to go with a Nightforce first so you can learn about how a good scope works and figure out if you like shooting either a MOA or Mil-dot reticle and First or Second Focal Plane scopes.

It's not that NF (especially the 7-35 ATACR) isn't an excellent scope, it's just that there are "better" scopes out there depending on your needs and the features you're looking for. The ATACR is never a bad choice.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.