NF Scope or Leupold

i appreciate the reply. I agree with you on every single sentence. We've gone to look at scopes at local dealers and she doesnt notice much difference... or so she says. And to be clear, I'm by no way trying to throw money at a problem and hoping it goes away. I'm just very blessed in my career and trying to give her the best opportunities in life.
It really is difficult to appreciate the difference in scopes' inside a dealer store. If she is really interested in choosing a scope and learning about scopes and shooting, again, I point you to Precisionrifleblog.com. Great articles to read and discuss and from which to formulate a plan together.. If she is not detail oriented and just wants a good scope, the previously mentioned NF or Leupold will fill the bill. My observations are that one appreciates and benefits the most what they work for and earn themselves. Money truly is a replenishable resource. Heartbeats not. Give what cannot be bought......your heartbeats, attention, support, encouragement, and love. Greatest ROI you will ever experience. Best wishes to you and your daughter.

Many of the scopes mentioned will not have parallax correction at very close distances which will be important shooting rimfire matches. Just double check before making that much of an investment.
Yeah, that's why I was down to Leupold and NF. Thanks to this good group of guys I'm down to 3 scopes That will do what I want. Zco, Schmidt and Bender or lastly, the NF. I'm slowly narrowing this down!

It really is difficult to appreciate the difference in scopes' inside a dealer store. If she is really interested in choosing a scope and learning about scopes and shooting, again, I point you to Precisionrifleblog.com. Great articles to read and discuss and from which to formulate a plan together.. If she is not detail oriented and just wants a good scope, the previously mentioned NF or Leupold will fill the bill. My observations are that one appreciates and benefits the most what they work for and earn themselves. Money truly is a replenishable resource. Heartbeats not. Give what cannot be bought......your heartbeats, attention, support, encouragement, and love. Greatest ROI you will ever experience. Best wishes to you and your daughter.
Already on there reading lol I appreciate it!

I can say I love my 7-35 atacr. I had my choice of any scope and that one fit the bill for me. Glad I did very happy with it.
It looked like an amazing piece of gear!! I thought they were the best of the best. Boy did I get put in my place lol

I would go with the Leupold 6.5-20 rimfire comp scope and here's why. It will out-perform the shooter for some time to come. For .22 matches it is a great scope with useable magnification, good glass, solid parallax correction, 1/8 Minute adjustments and a good choice of easy to use reticles. The main reason. At her age, assuming she is shooting with others near her age, you show up with a $7K rig and finish bottom half behind 15 kids with CZ455s and Vortex Vipers, that could be hard to take. And if you think her young ex-friends could be mean, wait till you hear what jealous kids on the firing line might say to kid that's got better gear than David Tubb. I am just saying you might be putting alot of pressure on a young shooter and creating some big expectations. You can always graduate to the Schmidt Bender as required if she ever got to the point where the Leupold was keeping her out of the money. If she is already hoisting trophies, please disregard.

This^^. I'm not sure a $$$$ Kahles is going to be the limiting factor in your Daughters success.

So here's the next million dollar question... where can you find these ZCO's?! I've searched online and everyone is sold out.

Thank you all for all of your help! I've decided to go with the ZCO. If my daughter doesn't like it, I'll throw it on my 338LM!

Is nightforce not a top end brand Compared to the others? I thought they were one of the best If not, the best. im clearly a victim of their excellent marketing lol
Im in the same boat as you brother😅😅

Im doing exactly what you're doing now. Tossing up between a NF and a leupold. Its doing my head in😭

Nightforce NXS 8-32X56

or

leupold

and then I start looking at other stuff like

Sightron SIII SS 6-24X50 LR ZS FFP/MOA

Or

March

ill be watching to see how you go. Good luck

Im in the same boat as you brother😅😅

Im doing exactly what you're doing now. Tossing up between a NF and a leupold. Its doing my head in😭

Nightforce NXS 8-32X56

or

leupold

and then I start looking at other stuff like

Sightron SIII SS 6-24X50 LR ZS FFP/MOA

Or

March

ill be watching to see how you go. Good luck
I think my mind has been made up on the ZCO 5-27. Compared to the atacr, it's actually a little less $ which i wasnt expecting. I'd like to get the theta, but it doesn't parallax down to 25 yards. That was the only thing holding me back from the theta.
I gotta admit the NF 7-35 is still giving me a kick for the 25 yard parallax and extra magnification on the back end.

I ruled out the leupold even though it would've saved me thousands Mainly because I heard a lot of negatives about them and very few good. I guess leupold used to be amazing and Now it's not as good? Not sure what happened with them, but it is what it is.

I think I'm so hesitant for the ZCO because i dont want it to be so good like everyone's saying and that become my new starting point. While I have the money for it, that doesn't mean I want to keep buying the best scopes for every rifle... I hate this part of buying new rifles.

Of the two that you list ... hands-down, NIGHTFORCE! I have no experience with the other high-end brands. In fact, I wouldn't own a Leupold right now simply because of their business practices and their reticle seem to have gotten much thicker since the 3i was introduced.
Leupold is out, but I'm always interested in hearing info About brands. are they building cheaper scopes and charging top dollar? Are they not fixing defective equipment? Just looking for info that you know to keep in mind.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.