NF or March

4xforfun

I sold my 5.5-22 x 56 NSX a year ago since i hadn't gotten a dear license in 5 years. Now, I have a tag along with BOTH of my sons. So, I need this rig up and running. I have Been a NF guy for the last 10 years. LOVE them!!
Problem is I am looking at used to save a little $$$ Either an ATACR or NSX...OR..........A MARCH(?). Never owned a March, but as I am deep into the 600/1000 BR thing I know that they are TOP NOTCH!! Looking like i can get a USED 2.5-25 March for about the same price as a USED NXS and about 5-600 less than a USED ATACR.

Rifle is a Custom off a 700 action with both a 300 WBY and 338 EDGE tubes. This will be for those "just in case" times where I will be shooting at "extended" ranges. I have steel out to a mile and will be baiting out to 1350. I have steel at ALL of my feed plots (200, 300, 400, 515, 650, 1000, 1065, and 1365) so i will be doing LOTS of dialing for practice this fall. Repeatability is the hot button for me. Second would be sight picture / light gathering. The warranty issue on the March is way down my list of concerns.

So, which one would YOU buy? Again, I have a half dozen NF's in my stable right now and LOVE them all, but I know the rep March has in the BR community.....STELLAR!!!

I would simply swap out one of my other NXS's off of my BR guns, but they are all 12-42's and don't have enough ele. adjustments....so...it's a new (used) scope.

Thanks,
Tod

I have a March that is for sale...I like and have both ATACR's and March and feel they are comparable. Haven't used an NXS much so hard to say.

If you are interested in details on the March PM me.

I have a 3-24×52 March on my lightweight .280AI. A perfect match. Great glass, good reticles, and some of the best anti-glare glass out for shooting into the sun. Tracking on mine is perfect. Shot it out to 831 on Sunday afternoon to verify zero on my antelope hunt.

The March beats the NF in every way other than image. Its a 10x multiplier and you pay the price for that. I love my 2.5-25x. What other scope can DIAl from 100-2000+ yards, zooms from 2.5-25, has excellent reticles, tracks, holds zero, and weights 24 oz? I put up with the glass because of the other features. If weight is not a big deal, the Z5 swaro would be my choice over an NXS. I have owned many NXS and still do. Very good scope as well, but the other 2 I prefer. All 3 of these have tested quite well for holding/returning to zero and you cant make a bad choice out of them.

Last edited:
I do too. Problem is I upgraded one of mine to the Gen3 SKMR 3 reticle. Kahles won't install SKMR 3 on my Gen 2 scope. So Trying to get that one sold so I can get another SKMR 3.

I own a couple each of the NF NXS, ATACR, and a March 2.5x25x52. March glass is superior to the NSX for sure, and IMO, a bit better then my ATACR, particularly when shooting into glare. The March is more compact/lighter while having the quality look and feel of the NF. I really like the low profile turrets, IMO, the March is the perfect scope for a LR carry, Hunting rifle.

The March beats the NF in every way other than image. Its a 10x multiplier and you pay the price for that. I love my 2.5-25x. What other scope can DIAl from 100-2000+ yards, zooms from 2.5-25, has excellent reticles, tracks, holds zero, and weights 24 oz? I put up with the glass because of the other features. If weight is not a big deal, the Z5 swaro would be my choice over an NXS. I have owned many NXS and still do. Very good scope as well, but the other 2 I prefer. All 3 of these have tested quite well for holding/returning to zero and you cant make a bad choice out of them.

I have both March and nxs nf scopes. If you want a 60 plus power benchrest scope buy a march but for a cheaper hunting scope I'd try to buy a used nxs with zero stop. Honestly I can't tell the difference between the 55 power nf competition and a 60 power march or march 60 power highmaster. They all have good glass. I have no plans to buy a khales scope since my nf and March scopes have served me well.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.