NF or huskemew

I certainly would never badmouth NF, except that they are heavy. I own two Huskemaws, both 5x20x50, imo they are the greatest hunting scope going. Never had a problem with them holding zero. Just dial up the range, then hold em and squeeze em and the bullet goes where you were holding.
I love their reticle, dial for yardage and use the horizontal hash marks for windage if needed. I don't feel disadvantaged by the 1/3rd minute adjustments at all.

I own a NF NXS and a Huskemaw Blue Diamond. For hunting I say Huskemaw, lighter, and very nice reticle for hunting. Target and shooting steel, NF, that's what their reticles are designed for. Side by side comparison my eyes liked the Blue Diamond glass just a tad better. One thing for sure, you won't go wrong with either one

I would highly recommend a Valdada Recon G2.. It is a 4,8-30X56mm with a 40mm main tube. I am a 338LM shooter, and I have owned 6 of the IOR Valdada scopes. They are light years ahead of their competition. Also, you could tie 550 cord to the scope and drag it behind your truck to your range. It will not twitch off of zero. For $2800 you get the heavy duty 40mm rings and scope caps. Good luck with your search, and good shooting.

Huskamaw uses 1/3 MOA clicks on purpose so that you can get more MOA per revolution. It's not about precision or accuracy. If you dial to the nearest 1/3 MOA you will not be off by more than +/- 1/6 MOA. I promise that if you miss a deer or elk even at 1000 yards it won't be because your equipment wasn't more precise than 1/6 MOA it was because you just plain missed. It is rare for a load to shoot better than 1/6 MOA from a concrete bench top under known conditions much less a hunting situation. I wouldn't make my choice for a hunting rifle based on 1/3 vs 1/4 MOA turrets. Glass, weight, tracking, reputation, reliability, cost. now these are elements that should be carefully considered.

I'm having a 30 nosler built and I'm in the market for a scope I'm wanting a 5x25x56 or bigger in a SFP somewhere in that area. For now I'm looking at the Huskemew new tactical think it's a 5x30x56, and the NF atacr 5x25x56 and I'm looking to see if they compare in glass quality from what I've read they both are very well built scopes so I'm not worried about that. I'm just looking for the clearest glass as possible my budget it $2500 maybe a little more. Guys thanks for any help
My son had a Huskemaw scope a couple years ago. Was having trouble with it and their service department just blew him off. This was after about three attempts to get them to look at the scope. Don't remember the model but wasn't happy with the scope and definitely not with their poor rude service

I own one NF scope and zero Huskemaws. I have a lot of other high end scopes and some less expensive ones as well. That said, it's not surprising that everybody is voting for Nightforce because they have much higher volume than Huskemaw, and Military Experience, etc. However, your question about glass reminded me of an experiment I did with a number of binoculars a while back. I was a "collector" of binoculars for a while, and I tested a number of top of the line Steiners, Zeiss, Burris (when they made binocs), Swarovski, and Canon Image stabilizing, Pentax, and Nikon. Most were 10-12 power, and the Canon was 18X. I live overlooking a portion of the city and some mountains a couple of miles away. Over a period of months, I studied various objects at all times of the day and night. Moving from one binoc to another. Surprisingly, the best glasses for my eyes were the Nikon Monarchs. Exceptionally clear, great light gathering and the ability to see the wire grid in chain link fence a mile and a half away. The Canons could too. The Zeiss really looked clear, but I think they lied about the power because the objects looked smaller when I moved from one glass to the other. They also had a more pleasant to the eye greenish tint compared to the others. Glass comes from the Schott factory in Germany. Your first impression is these are "it"....till, I could not make out the same detail as I could with the Nikon Monarch at 12 x 56. The others were in the same power /objective range as welI. I spent a few days per week doing this for a half hour or an hour on days, evenings and even nights at the lights and low-lighted objects. I was almost reluctant to admit the result, but that was a real test....for my eyes. Perhaps, it may have been "to my eyes", and someone else might differ. But mine are the ones which count! The Nikon strap and the case were serviceable, but not the paragons of opulence of some of the others which came in a soft case inside a hard case....fancier lens covers, etc. Moral of the story ( and my advice) is to buy both and try them ...a lot. Not on the rifle, but at objects near and far and day to night. Come to your own conclusions and then politely return the one you think came in second. As long as you haven't mounted it, it won't have any marks, and I'm sure it will be returnable. I kept most of the binoculars, but did sell and give away a few pairs to family. It's an important decision ...mostly because you want to know that you made the right choice. Unless you have an experienced friend who has both, you won't really know. If you don't want to put in the time, then I would go with the NF because the volume of manufacture, distribution and brand recognition will help you if you need a repair, or if you decide to sell the rig at some point. Hope this helps!

I'm having a 30 nosler built and I'm in the market for a scope I'm wanting a 5x25x56 or bigger in a SFP somewhere in that area. For now I'm looking at the Huskemew new tactical think it's a 5x30x56, and the NF atacr 5x25x56 and I'm looking to see if they compare in glass quality from what I've read they both are very well built scopes so I'm not worried about that. I'm just looking for the clearest glass as possible my budget it $2500 maybe a little more. Guys thanks for any help
I own 4 NF scopes ( 3 different models) and really do like everything about them. In particular, their service is outstanding. I have had a minor problem with 2 of them (unrelated to the glass or image quality), and their service rep has been excellent to deal with on the phone. (Yes, you actually can talk to a live person.) Both times, he took care of my problem promptly and I had my scope back in no time, like 10 days, round trip. Hence, I am a dedicated NF customer.

Ahhhh...the power of marketing, myth and urban legend. When you post a question without some specifics - you are going to get "Brand-Fan-boy" answers.

WHAT are the properties/qualities you value the most? Best glass in low light? Best feeling turrets? Bulletproof build quality? Are you hunting game or shooting steel? Weight considerations? Warranty?

See - there are a number of things that will help you create a well defined choice - that is far more likely to be a satisfactory scope that fits YOUR individual needs. NO one scope is "best". No one brand is "best". There a number of brands that among their product lines - they may have a model or two that could be a good fit for you, once you create a "priorities list" or the properties you are seeking.

FWIW - I have Vortex LHT, Leica, and Tangent Theta and several others. Each rifle is unfit for a specific purpose. Whether that is climbing steep terrain, or long treks across uneven broken ground, or heavy brush. Long range or near distance. Normal daylight hunting or first light and last light only.

Hope this helps you re-evaluate how you select glass for your rifle.

Guys got another question? I'm leaning hard on the NF atacr 5-25x56 moa SFP, my question is on the NF 4-30x50 does it have the same glass (Ed) and is the 56mm worth giving up for +5 on the power? ( I know what is more important to me….) I could almost flip a quarter but some of you guys may have used both of these scopes where I haven't used either, in my area there are not but a couple stores that carry NF and at that the selection is very slim, plus looking thru a $$$$ scope in a store I don't think is not the best way to may a 💯 decision

Guys got another question? I'm leaning hard on the NF atacr 5-25x56 moa SFP, my question is on the NF 4-30x50 does it have the same glass (Ed) and is the 56mm worth giving up for +5 on the power? ( I know what is more important to me….) I could almost flip a quarter but some of you guys may have used both of these scopes where I haven't used either, in my area there are not but a couple stores that carry NF and at that the selection is very slim, plus looking thru a $$$$ scope in a store I don't think is not the best way to may a 💯 decision
I'm assuming you meant 4-20x50. They only make them in ffp. I believe it's the same glass but I only have the 4-20 so I can't say for sure.