NF or huskemew

I own two Nightfoce and two Leupold. I have never owned a Huskemew. As a matter of fact, I've never even heard of that brand. The Nightforce scopes are both 12-42. I don't remember the exact model number. There are a couple of reticles you can get with them. One Leupold is a 7-42 Mk6 the other is a 45X45 fixed power. The variable Leupold can be had with different reticles, the 45X45 has cross hairs with a dot in the middle. I think the objective lense on the variables is somewhere around 50mm. The objective lense on the 45X45 is 45mm They all work well for shooting 600 yard matches, and they all have nice clear glass.
That is just personal experience. I'm sure other people will have different experience. I've had mine for a few years now but the prices for the variables hovers somewhere just above $2,000.00 each the 45X45 is a little less, but it is a fixed power.

Nightforce has been around a long time and they are great scopes hands down, But in the hunting world where your back packing in or you have a 9 or 10 pound gun to start with the Huskemaw is a lot lighter, there just as clear and if a target is 450 yds turn the turret to 450 and shoot pretty simple. I bought mine when Best Of The West first appeared on TV years ago, I did what the directions said and it worked. Today I have 9 of them and they do work. I will not say that I haven't missed because I have. I have lost only one animal , it was a hog at about 450 yds . The customer service has been great through the years , you have a question , they will answer it. GOOD PEOPLE

I have both. I use the 2 Husky on my smaller calibers like .243, .223 etc.for ranges out to 3-400. ALL my 7mm & .30 cal have NF. The NF has never let me down whether I'm in Africa Canada or the mountains of US!
One major consideration is weight. If you will be hiking long distances in the mountains the extra weight of the NF is a big concern.
The Husky and NF are both great scopes. You can't go wrong with either one.

Last edited:
I'm having a 30 nosler built and I'm in the market for a scope I'm wanting a 5x25x56 or bigger in a SFP somewhere in that area. For now I'm looking at the Huskemew new tactical think it's a 5x30x56, and the NF atacr 5x25x56 and I'm looking to see if they compare in glass quality from what I've read they both are very well built scopes so I'm not worried about that. I'm just looking for the clearest glass as possible my budget it $2500 maybe a little more. Guys thanks for any help
I'm a huskamaw guy myself. I own 3 and don't know that I would try anything else.

I'm having a 30 nosler built and I'm in the market for a scope I'm wanting a 5x25x56 or bigger in a SFP somewhere in that area. For now I'm looking at the Huskemew new tactical think it's a 5x30x56, and the NF atacr 5x25x56 and I'm looking to see if they compare in glass quality from what I've read they both are very well built scopes so I'm not worried about that. I'm just looking for the clearest glass as possible my budget it $2500 maybe a little more. Guys thanks for any help
Nightforce!!

I own the big huskemaw tactical and put it on my 6.5 PRC... my buddy has the ATACR
Side by side the clairity is very comparable but the retical on the huskemaw is so much easisr to read... Turrets are both good
I'm sure you might can get custom turrets made for the NF but that's where the huskemaw wins out for me as a hunting scope also the huskemaw has the internal bubble level so no need for an added can't level
I have both.
Glass is great in both. I like the Huskemaw reticle and the built in bubble.

Buy what your eyes like! Nightforce has more offerings but the Huskemaw is a solid competitor to the NF NX8. I have both & each scope get the job done efficiently & effectively…just do it a little differently!

Tough but easy choice….can't go wrong either way! Good Luck with your shopping!

I'm the odd duck I would. Buy a Swarovski X5 I have one on my 28 nosler I have 3 revaluation on the dile and according to the app I can shoot out to 1826 yards I've only shot out to 525 but am very happy and would buy another one if I bought another long range gun