NF or huskemew

No direct experience with a Huskemaw, but have several NF and they've been great.

I'm not always the biggest fan of NF reticles, but I can't say that they don't get the job done. If I was absolutely in love with the Huskemaw reticle, I'd give one a try. Otherwise, I'd stick to NF.

I know it wasn't asked, but it is the internet . . . That seems like a really big X range SFP for a big game hunting rig. If there's room for checking out a different option, SWFA is running a smoking deal on their 5-20 HD. The MQ is a great hunting reticle.

Last edited:
715417E9-2B26-4056-91D6-A5E7E86A19B9.jpeg

Kinda telling that zero folks (or at least the top shooters) in the precision shooting sports are using a huskemaw

I forgot to add that customer service is a factor to consider.
One night force had a problem with POI shift. Nightforce took it back. Determined the problem. Fixed it at no charge. Contacted me personally and discussed the problem and the fix. It's been 100% since.
My 1 huskemaw has a problem now. Contacted (or tried to) customer service. No answer. It transferred me to Best of the West. Who then told me they aren't customer service. Tried calling 2 more times. Sent 3 emails with no answer yet. Going on for 3 months now.

I forgot to add that customer service is a factor to consider.
One night force had a problem with POI shift. Nightforce took it back. Determined the problem. Fixed it at no charge. Contacted me personally and discussed the problem and the fix. It's been 100% since.
My 1 huskemaw has a problem now. Contacted (or tried to) customer service. No answer. It transferred me to Best of the West. Who then told me they aren't customer service. Tried calling 2 more times. Sent 3 emails with no answer yet. Going on for 3 months now.
This is the answer right here. I give companies a few chances to earn my business, but just one to keep it. Life is way too short to have an unusable piece of gear just sitting there, irritating the crap outa' you, and no one answering the phone...

I wouldn't rule out a vx-5 or 6 leupold. Not sure the intended purpose of your rifle. But if it's a hunting rig they'd be lighter than the NF.

Adam
I have both night force and huskemaw. To me with my eyes glass clarity is the big difference. I think an shv NF is even better than the blue diamond. I spent the mo ey on the huskemaw and am not a guy to loose money. So they will stay on the rifles they are on. But there will not be another purchase unless it is a suicide price.

Adam
Sir you are correct. There is Nothing as tough and repeatable as a Nightforce. I have to put muzzlebrakes on everything because I severely detached my left retina shooting a Ultralight non-braked Magnum rifle. I had laser eye surgery but they said if it happens again they could not fix it. Brakes with two way recoil eat optics and on Big Bores Nightforce is the only thing that survives. On 50BMG, 500 Jeffery, 416 RUM, 375's and 338 RUM's never had a problem and on a hunt with a Nightforce and a Swarovsky the Nightforce gathered just as much light at twilight on a Alaska bear hunt. I would buy a SHV before I would buy anything else even if they were the same price.

I wouldn't rule out a vx-5 or 6 leupold. Not sure the intended purpose of your rifle. But if it's a hunting rig they'd be lighter than the NF.

Adam
I bought (19) Leupold VXR's on a closeout they would not track or hold zero. The newer Leupolds are not what they used to be. Every one I tried I sent back when repaired or replaced sold them. Life is too short and hunts are too expensive to bet on other optics than Nightforce

NF, If you are looking at other options as well then take a look at the Trijicon 10 mile. Barbour Creek shooting school has a couple that have several thousand rounds on them and they haven't missed a beat. They did a review on them as well.

I bought (19) Leupold VXR's on a closeout they would not track or hold zero. The newer Leupolds are not what they used to be. Every one I tried I sent back when repaired or replaced sold them. Life is too short and hunts are too expensive to bet on other optics than Nightforce
I don't recall a time when Leupolds tracked, held, and RTZ. Going back 30 years, it was always a pile of spent ammo to get them zeroed. It's called the Leupold shuffle. Granted, most held zero pretty well for a while once sighted in, but forget about dialing on them. When I was still a gold ring supporter I used the reticles as I wouldn't trust dialing on them.

I own 2 Husky's use them on Pdog hunts budget priced ,will adjust ok up to 10 moa ,passed that moa is way off and after a day of shooting. Must be re zeroed , turning turrets back and forth effcts the zero , it just plain doesnt hold zero.
i own alot of precision rifles. And it is hard to afford putting NF on all of them.
that being said i own 6 NXS NF and everyone of them track perfect up passed 20 moa and after a day of shooting when i re zero it stays at zero .
i hear NF service is good , i never had to use it yet and my scopes get alot of use.
i have already sent hussky back and it was replaced free .

buy once cry once !

I'm having a 30 nosler built and I'm in the market for a scope I'm wanting a 5x25x56 or bigger in a SFP somewhere in that area. For now I'm looking at the Huskemew new tactical think it's a 5x30x56, and the NF atacr 5x25x56 and I'm looking to see if they compare in glass quality from what I've read they both are very well built scopes so I'm not worried about that. I'm just looking for the clearest glass as possible my budget it $2500 maybe a little more. Guys thanks for any help
not even a choice nightforce all the way.