NF NXS vs NX8 vs Leupold Mk5

Brush buster

Hi guys! Been reading and learning from here for a long time. Finally joined. Always great info and advice.

I've got a new 300wm build coming along and need an optic. I like capped windage scopes. I want something for hunting out to 1000+ yards. I've narrowed it down to 3 scopes (for now)

1. Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 moar capped windage
2. Nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50 or 4-32
3. Leupold Mk5 3.6-18 or 5-25

I know the NX8 isn't our yet but it looks pretty intriguing with nice features. Not sure whether I really need the 4-32, I'm leaning 2.5-20. As for the leupold, I love the size of the 3.6-18 as the 5-25 is considerably larger and has a 56mm objective. I like the center dot reticle and seems like a nice scope when I got to handle them. And finally the nxs is ol' reliable. Might not be great glass but will always track. FFP or SFP doesn't bother me either way as long as the reticle doesn't need cover up too much at high power on the ffp.

So whatcha guys think?

I actually already have an nxs laying around that I will either keep or sell to a friend that wants it. Also preordered the NX8 from you already but just curious if anybody had handled them from the NRA show. Whatever is best I will keep, and the others I will sell without mounting. Just curious about the best option. Partial to NF but the new mark 5 is very interesting. 5-25 Mk5 looks pretty sweet just haven't heard much about them yet...
Thanks Doug!

Up top. Any info from guys comparing these to one another. I currently have the Mark 5HD and the NXS. The SFP NX8 should be out before summer.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.