NF NX8 vs Leupold VX6

Looking for a scope to mount on my new 308. I have never owned a Nightforce and have been looking at the NX8 4-32 SFP and like the ability to zoom out to 32x. I have also been considering the leupold VX-6 4-24 in SFP as well. My budget is around $2000-$2500 so both of these scopes fit in my price range. I've also considered the March but since there are no dealers around me and I have not been able to look through it I don't think I want to go this route even though the reviews seem to be very positive. So.....what can you tell me about the differences in the NX8 and the VX-6? I need to make a decision in the next few weeks. My eyes like both but I'm leaning towards the NX8 just because of the 32x power. I'm probably never really going to need that much power but having it available is a nice thought. My shooting is going to be sub 500 yards on game (probably 300-400 yards max realistically) so the 24x power of the leupold is plenty. Just looking for some insight for you guys. I have a few Leupold scopes and never had an issue with them and never owned a Nightforce before but I know their reputation is pretty stellar too.
You might consider March scopes.

Looking for a scope to mount on my new 308. I have never owned a Nightforce and have been looking at the NX8 4-32 SFP and like the ability to zoom out to 32x. I have also been considering the leupold VX-6 4-24 in SFP as well. My budget is around $2000-$2500 so both of these scopes fit in my price range. I've also considered the March but since there are no dealers around me and I have not been able to look through it I don't think I want to go this route even though the reviews seem to be very positive. So.....what can you tell me about the differences in the NX8 and the VX-6? I need to make a decision in the next few weeks. My eyes like both but I'm leaning towards the NX8 just because of the 32x power. I'm probably never really going to need that much power but having it available is a nice thought. My shooting is going to be sub 500 yards on game (probably 300-400 yards max realistically) so the 24x power of the leupold is plenty. Just looking for some insight for you guys. I have a few Leupold scopes and never had an issue with them and never owned a Nightforce before but I know their reputation is pretty stellar too.
You will not be disappointed in the nx8. I have a few of them now. I got rid of all my Leupold and vortex. the scope is just a better quality they're pretty much bulletproof. They track fantastic and if you want to shoot out far, you have it. Just my two cents

NF nx8 2.5-20 is 28 ounces. Leu vx6 3-18x50 is 21. After using this scope for 2 years and killing a bunch of yotes and some wolves from 30 yards to 1125 I have just as much confidence in this scope as I had my NF. Only reason I sold the NF is that I wanted a lighter hunting package. I don't know if 7 ounces or .5 lbs makes any difference to you. The illuminated Tmoa is really nice and the built in anti cant device eliminates add on accessories. The only down fall to the vx6 I have is that it is limited to 38-40 moa dial up, plus reticle marks. So if I you need to shoot ELR you could have issues. For my primary hunter I am topped out at 1500 with max dial up.

You guys are great and I value all your fees back. I originally was going to get the NX8 in the 2-20x and I've been trying to convince myself that one days I might "need" the extra magnification of the 4x32 but I don't think I ever will really need it. So I think I just need to stick with my original plan of the 2x20.
Thanks for all the input I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience with me. This board / forum is great!

now I have to decide which rings to get. This hobby is fun, educational, and expensive!
The NX8 2.5-20x50 SFP is a Good choice for your intended use. Really like mine.
Great all around hunting rifle optic.

I had an NX8. Great glass but nothing compared to the higher level glass on ATACRs and others such as Razors, S&Bs, etc. The NX8 is designed to be a cheaper market so that makes sense. My biggest issue was not the glass, it was the narrow eyebox behind the scope. Not alot of room for error and movement which can be a negative. I ended up selling it after 6 months for that reason mainly.

The older my eyes get I find the more magnification the better. In fact, I haven't bought a scope that's under 30x in the last several years. Don't see me going back to anything less.