• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

NF NX8 2.5-20 MOAR

8andbait

I will have this scope today. New in the box, unopened.

2.5-20x50 MOAR reticle

I pre ordered months ago from Cameraland

$1950 shipped.

I'll get pics up tonight if necessary.

Listed on other sites also, time stamp wins.

Last edited:
Pictures

B2A72358-A46D-477B-BC12-49B858AC7E5F.jpeg
2FB70EF2-7ABE-4D0C-8082-FE7A9A22689B.jpeg

Can't wait to see one of these scopes in person want to see how the f1 is on 2.5 power and how the short scope would look on a gun similar to mine

I opened the box.

Reticle on 2.5 is very fine but usable as a duplex.

4 power I can make out the hash marks.

6 power up it's totally usable for minute holds.

The turret feel is the best I've felt, better than any NXS I've had.

Power ring and parallel are smooth and easy to turn.

Illumination is simple to switch colors and adjust brightness. If you can use illumination in your state (we can't in ID) it makes the reticle very easy to see on 2.5X

It weighs 28 oz.

Comes with lens covers and a power throw lever.

I really like it and should probably keep it.

Just as an FYI, in the Idaho big game regs, on page 100 under the weapon restrictions it says its unlawful to pursue or kill big game animals with any electronic device.....except scopes containing battery powered or tritium lighted reticles are allowed. Please check for yourself but the way I am reading it, lighted reticles are ok in Idaho.

Okay, maybe they changed it. We are not allowed to use lighted bow sights or luma nocks either.

Just as an FYI, in the Idaho big game regs, on page 100 under the weapon restrictions it says its unlawful to pursue or kill big game animals with any electronic device.....except scopes containing battery powered or tritium lighted reticles are allowed. Please check for yourself but the way I am reading it, lighted reticles are ok in Idaho.
This has always been the case. They added some verbiage to clarify because fish cops all had their own interpretations of the reg...

I was under the impression you could have a lighted reticle but could not use it while hunting big game.

Like an expandable broadhead, perfectly legal to have one in your quiver but can't use it on big game.

Thanks for clearing that up.