NF ATACR 4-16x42mm F1 ... Anybody have one?

I can't say enough good things about mine. The devils in the details, how are you planning to use it?

My intended use is headed out next week for a late season whitetail hunt. I've got 3 stands in mind. They range from about 300-600 yards, and not much walking to do.

Probably dial elevation, and hold wind in these distances, and I think this is where the F1 comes a little more handy.

I bought the 5-25x ATACR when it came out (SFP), using it for more distance smaller targets. It sold me the other one. I pre-ordered the F1 before they hit shelves. I'm not much on buying sight unseen, but I'm not disappointed.

Gonna use it on a 300 win mag, plan on anywhere from 500-1000 yds for deer/elk. Maybe some target shooting out to 1000 yds, not to small of targets though.

Think that will be fine for that range, 1000 yds?

Yes it's usable on the lower end, and yes the reticle covers more at long range.It won't take you long to see the differences from SFP reticles. The debate there gets heated, I'll say there are better systems for close work, and better systems for smaller targets at long range, but it's the best system for a mid range big game optic I've used.

We were shooting steel silhouettes at 800 yards, and the head was visible without difficulty behind the reticle, as a practical reference.

There is a good review of the scope in the articles section on the site, it has photo's that may be of use to you.

Yes it's usable on the lower end, and yes the reticle covers more at long range.It won't take you long to see the differences from SFP reticles. The debate there gets heated, I'll say there are better systems for close work, and better systems for smaller targets at long range, but it's the best system for a mid range big game optic I've used.

We were shooting steel silhouettes at 800 yards, and the head was visible without difficulty behind the reticle, as a practical reference.

There is a good review of the scope in the articles section on the site, it has photo's that may be of use to you.

Agree 100% with this. I love mine and I have 2 of them. One on a hunting rifle (300 WSM) that's intended for mid-longer range hunting. The other is on a 6.5 Creedmoor varmint and target rifle.

Very versatile scope, nice size, excellent clarity and of course, extremely accurate tracking and repeatability.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts