NF 8-32x56 IOR 1913 base Baer rings

EXPRESS

I just finished putting togeth my scope and set up on my HS HTR.

First off the screws I got with the IOR base were the wrong diameter and thread for the HS reciever.
It took me 2 weeks to get the right ones.
Then they didn't fit the base(I should have thought of this)
So I drilled out the holes in the base.
After that I see that the screws are all 11mm and the length needed is different for each hole in the base since it is tapered.

finally everything was right.
I even found a 30mm steel bar that I could use to settle the rings out with.
I mounted it in the rings and gave it a few taps with a plastic mallet.
After that I took it out and mounted the scope.
Leveled the rifle with a bubble and leveled the crosshairs on a plumb line.

It looks like everything is in perfect order.

So tomorrow I will be spending the day at the range with my new toy, it's been 6 months since I got the rifle, 2 weeks since I got the scope...

As you can appreciate I am pretty keep to get some rounds down the barrel.
I'll be sure to post the results as tomorrow night.

Good shooting to the rest of you for the weekend.

Express,
I expect that several guys on this site are looking forward to hearing how your new HS shoots - we all shared in the decisions that determined your final rifle and scope and have been aware of your patience as things came together.
Best of luck, looking forward to hearing about the bugholes.

One thing I forgot to add was that the IOR base doesn't seem to be quite as well machined as the Les Baer rings.

The finish looks as if it has been sendblasted, a slightly grainy surface.
The thing that had me a little worried was how hard it was to slip the rings onto it.
I had to rap them all the way with a plastic hammer, they just wouldn't slide. I hope that means that they are going to hold together better.

At this stage I have only lock tited the screws in the reciever and base, as I can see no reason to change the base or move it.

I want to do some shooting first, then I will lock tite the ring screws as well, but I want to make sure that it is all square and plumb first.

I have put the scope on fairly loose, not having a torque wrench that means gently tightneing each screw as tight as they will go without getting the idea of forcing any of the screws too much.
I'll be taking a torqx screwdriver to the range just in case ;-)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.