Next Cartridgeā€¦

Great idea. The best part is you can use SRP brass and really crank the pressures to unsafe levels šŸ˜ƒ

I'm not actually advocating for that, but being able to use SRP brass sounds nice to be able to extend primer pocket life, especially in an AI cartridge that is likely going to mask pressure signs and have you shooting loads that are a bit warmer than you think. At least, I'm fairly certain that's what my AI is doing
I can't remember when I had a unflatten primer! :D

I'm working on one myself, Lone Peak Razor, 26" Bartlin #3, M5 Oberndor, Mesa carbon, Trigger Tech. Looking to crank 139 Interbonds 3,000+ with RL-17.

We, shall see.

Tell us about yours
This reamer a 4 month wait. I have a Benchmark SS Sendero 24" finish blank coming in a week.
I got a new ,243 AI to keep me entertained till then! šŸ¤©
Aero SOLUS, CBI 26" TriggerTech Spcl, Magpul Pro stock. Gonna run 88 Hammers & 105 VLD Bergs.
420420DE-C06D-4B31-9014-919E29796D71.jpeg

You're name wouldn't be Dan would it? You sound just like him!
Naahhh. Don't know who this Dan is. But hope its a compliment??? This powder works for me for a long time. I know others want different and thats cool. It all good. I just happen to have a nice big stash of IMR4064. Besides, my wife would skin me if I bought any more powder. Gotta keep the peaceāœŒļø.

Naahhh. Don't know who this Dan is. But hope its a compliment??? This powder works for me for a long time. I know others want different and thats cool. It all good. I just happen to have a nice big stash of IMR4064. Besides, my wife would skin me if I bought any more powder. Gotta keep the peaceāœŒļø.
It's compliment, he's a great shooter, He's a don't fix it of its not broken guy. Still shooting same 30-06 load from1973!

It's compliment, he's a great shooter, He's a don't fix it of its not broken guy. Still shooting same 30-06 load from1973!
Sounds like someone I would like to meet. I typically stay with what I have found to work. Moving to new and improved must render results worthy of the cost and $$$. Time I have, well a little. I had to stop shooting the shoulder punchers long ago. Little left of my shoulder after military injuries. Oh well...My 308s are about all I can handle now. With the exception of my 375 HH, once in a while. Gotta do it! šŸ¤ŖšŸ„ŗ

Sounds like someone I would like to meet. I typically stay with what I have found to work. Moving to new and improved must render results worthy of the cost and $$$. Time I have, well a little. I had to stop shooting the shoulder punchers long ago. Little left of my shoulder after military injuries. Oh well...My 308s are about all I can handle now. With the exception of my 375 HH, once in a while. Gotta do it! šŸ¤ŖšŸ„ŗ
Know they can be ear splitting. But I've put muzzle breaks on all my hunting rifles, or use suppressor. It reduces felt recoil like a break without the blast. My 7-08 kicks like a.223. I'm broken as well. Bad shoulders and neck injury. My neurosurgeon advised me to not shoot anything more than a.243 recoil level rifle. He's a hunter also.

Know they can be ear splitting. But I've put muzzle breaks on all my hunting rifles, or use suppressor. It reduces felt recoil like a break without the blast. My 7-08 kicks like a.223. I'm broken as well. Bad shoulders and neck injury. My neurosurgeon advised me to not shoot anything more than a.243 recoil level rifle. He's a hunter also.
I use breaks also. Always use plugs and ear muffs. Doctors have a strange sevce of humor. They know we hunt and yet they advise against using anything but a low kick gun. Squirrels??? Hmmmm....

I'm running a 0.060" freebore in my 7mm-08 IMP 40Ā°.
22" sporter barrel on a Stevens 200.
140gr Berger VLD at COAL of 2.895"

So far speed demon ( still accuracy node) is RL17 at 2,916fps.

H414, W760, IMR4350, PP2000MR all with accuracy node around 2,830fps.

Most consistant is PP2000MR with ES-6, SD-2.

I'm running a 0.060" freebore in my 7mm-08 IMP 40Ā°.
22" sporter barrel on a Stevens 200.
140gr Berger VLD at COAL of 2.895"

So far speed demon ( still accuracy node) is RL17 at 2,916fps.

H414, W760, IMR4350, PP2000MR all with accuracy node around 2,830fps.

Most consistant is PP2000MR with ES-6, SD-2.
The pre-SAAMI reamer from JGS has a .060 FB. Post SAAMI is .119 FB. According to them you have the pre-SAAMI.

RL17 is reigning champ with my 243AI right now for 88 Hammers and 105 VLDT. H100V a close backup powder.

I plan to run 130 Hammers and whatever flies best Bergers in the 708AI