Next Cartridge…

DoneNOut

1BDF87DF-2EBC-4DBE-80CA-B543C002D363.jpeg

You and I are a lot alike. I've experimented with just about everything new that comes out. Hunt with a guy who is my age, 13 days apart. He's still hunting with a 30-06 and IMR 4064 . same load from 1973. Just now has changed to 168 ELDM because he can't get AMAX anymore.
I got a few hundred of the 168 Amax if he needs them.

You and I are a lot alike. I've experimented with just about everything new that comes out. Hunt with a guy who is my age, 13 days apart. He's still hunting with a 30-06 and IMR 4064 . same load from 1973. Just now has changed to 168 ELDM because he can't get AMAX anymore.
I think the 30 cal 168 A-max is the only a-max still available. Quick search shows them in stock at Cabelas and Midway.

I can't argue his success with them. Watched him kill a big bodied 7 pt. Yesterday at 275 yards with it. I was looking with the binos, at the shot he broke and ran. Dan rarely cusses! But did then! Crappiest shot I've made in a long time, but didn't say crappiest! I saw the bullet impact in the chest and said you got him. I know, I just didn't want to go into that pine thicket to get him! Bullet had completely detached the heart. It fell out when we gutted it. Tore all the arteries and veins from the top. He'd tried to high shoulder it and hit low while shooting from single pole trigger stick and was mad at his shot. 🙄

I've been using IMR4064 in my .308 for 40+ years. It works. Why change it? I'm happy with the results.

Great idea. The best part is you can use SRP brass and really crank the pressures to unsafe levels 😃

I'm not actually advocating for that, but being able to use SRP brass sounds nice to be able to extend primer pocket life, especially in an AI cartridge that is likely going to mask pressure signs and have you shooting loads that are a bit warmer than you think. At least, I'm fairly certain that's what my AI is doing