Next build! Getting there, 6mm something??

Coldfinger

Toss up on chambering? I have components for 6creed and 6BR! I was originally going to go with 6br and 65-85 grain bullets but now contemplating adding the zip from 6creedmoor to them instead. I'm still waiting for the actual stock which is an AG privateer but I'm hitting my weight goals. Help me decide the chambering please.

Attachments

• IMG_2338.jpeg
    IMG_2338.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
Toss up on chambering? I have components for 6creed and 6BR! I was originally going to go with 6br and 65-85 grain bullets but now contemplating adding the zip from 6creedmoor to them instead. I'm still waiting for the actual stock which is an AG privateer but I'm hitting my weight goals. Help me decide the chambering please.
What type barrel you got there ? Like the fluting. I would like to venture down the road with a 6 CM.

Real nice hunting rig!
If you are going for larger game like deer, Speed Goats. Go with the 6 Creed and you can use 100gr +bullets with 3,000 fps +.

The 6br you can shoot heavies 105 Hybrids also but a couple hundred fps slower. One of the top cartridges for PRS. Great for varmints and Predators in the 65-85 gr. A real zinger and light recoil.

What type barrel you got there ? Like the fluting. I would like to venture down the road with a 6 CM.
It's a Lilja 10 twist diamond fluting, I forgot flute design. They offer a pile of differing twists on fluting. I almost cancelled fluting so I could send to LRI for Wrought Iron flutes but it'd incur more delay and I'm glad I didn't now it's growing on me.

What's the goal for the rifle?
Kill stuff! Stay as light as possible lol. I'm going to swap bdl metal for Hawkins hunter dbm probably. I rarely shoot a rifle much more than 500 times so I'm not worried about creedmoor longevity. I want to turn it into one of those rifles that you'd take to the dandelion roots if you know what I mean

Real nice hunting rig!
If you are going for larger game like deer, Speed Goats. Go with the 6 Creed and you can use 100gr +bullets with 3,000 fps +.

The 6br you can shoot heavies 105 Hybrids also but a couple hundred fps slower. One of the top cartridges for PRS. Great for varmints and Predators in the 65-85 gr. A real zinger and light recoil.
I can't wait to have that Falkor action barreled up. It's pushing my favorite in smoothness from every custom I've owned.

Since the barrel is a 10 twist, it would be perfect for 6BR or 6 Dasher with 87 gr V-Max for varmints. Would need an 8 twist for some of the 100+ bullets for 6BR or 6 Creed.
I had a 6xc with a 10 twist and it shot 105 sst's amazing but I'm after the lighter end of midweights!! Varmints beware, deer drop like a ton o wahoo when hit with light explosive 6mms as well!!!

I have a 6br in a hunting rifle. 1in 8 Criterion "remage" rem varmint contour on a 700 action. 87vmax with SW PRECISION powder and a cci450 gets me 2990 avg MV. The BR case is so stupid easy to load for makes it hard to beat. If I was after MPBR the 6creed shines. For just kind of a general purpose hunting/plinking rifle tie goes to the one burning less powder😅.

Haven't actually killed anything with mine yet. Buddy had the barrel and wasn't going to use it so we threw it together on one of my actions. Cheap hogue stock and an old Burris scope I had. Mostly just a beat around truck gun. The only rifle I have that I don't shoot suppressed or with a muzzle break. Shoots nice and soft, 25" barrel and a relatively small powder charge its obviously still ringing your ears but considerably better than others if you don't have time to grab ear pro when you see that coyote....

I have a 6br in a hunting rifle. 1in 8 Criterion "remage" rem varmint contour on a 700 action. 87vmax with SW PRECISION powder and a cci450 gets me 2990 avg MV. The BR case is so stupid easy to load for makes it hard to beat. If I was after MPBR the 6creed shines. For just kind of a general purpose hunting/plinking rifle tie goes to the one burning less powder😅.

Haven't actually killed anything with mine yet. Buddy had the barrel and wasn't going to use it so we threw it together on one of my actions. Cheap hogue stock and an old Burris scope I had. Mostly just a beat around truck gun. The only rifle I have that I don't shoot suppressed or with a muzzle break. Shoots nice and soft, 25" barrel and a relatively small powder charge its obviously still ringing your ears but considerably better than others if you don't have time to grab ear pro when you see that coyote....
I'm leaning towards the br as well, if it doesn't tickle my fancy it's still possible to punch it deeper to creedmoor!