Newest family member

johnnyk

Just thought I'd post a few pics of my latest rifle...bought it used in Union Gap, Washington yesterday...Savage 112 in .300WinMag...right now she's straight stock..trigger is pre-Accu and has been adjusted as best the previous owners gunsmith could. It's not too bad but will definately go as soon as I get a Timney for it.
Loaded Nosler 165gn Ballistic Tips using 69.0-73.0gn of H4350 and 9.5M. Average velocity for group (72.0gn) shown was 3269fps. That's higher than Nosler 6 list for that powder but getting no pressure signs.
Took the Leupold 6.5-20x40 off of my .25-06 Sendero and mounted on her. Now I gotta get another scope! I had dual dovetail mounts/rings to fit it.
Whatcha' think?...JohnnyK.
IMG_6713.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
IMG_6714.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
IMG_6719.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
IMG_6720.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
_MG_6728.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
_MG_6735.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
IMG_6741.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Got that very same monster, put a Sharp Shooters trigger in it, topped it with a 6.5x20 Conquest and now it puts 200 gr Accubonds into sub 1" groups all day. Best shooting factory gun I've ever had,

Chris

JohnnyK,

Pretty nice!

If I had that piece of wood I'd reshape a nice thumb contour and palm swell. Then do a bit of reshaping on the fore arm. I'd kinda go for the A-5 look on the thumb rest and palm swell. Just keep rasping/filing/sanding until it feels good to ya.

This suggestion is only if you desire a different looking stock and not have to mess with bedding which already works well.

Just my thoughts and not to offend.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.