Newest family member

johnnyk

Just thought I'd post a few pics of my latest rifle...bought it used in Union Gap, Washington yesterday...Savage 112 in .300WinMag...right now she's straight stock..trigger is pre-Accu and has been adjusted as best the previous owners gunsmith could. It's not too bad but will definately go as soon as I get a Timney for it.
Loaded Nosler 165gn Ballistic Tips using 69.0-73.0gn of H4350 and 9.5M. Average velocity for group (72.0gn) shown was 3269fps. That's higher than Nosler 6 list for that powder but getting no pressure signs.
Took the Leupold 6.5-20x40 off of my .25-06 Sendero and mounted on her. Now I gotta get another scope! I had dual dovetail mounts/rings to fit it.
Whatcha' think?...JohnnyK.
IMG_6713.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

here you go!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_6713.jpg

The initial 5 loads (3-shots ea.) all shot under .6"..best being .4"...velocity (average) ran from 3062 (69.0gn) to 3296 (73.0gn)..I posted six pics (5 rifle/1 target) but someone changed my post....JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.