Newest??? 700 Police Tac 338lm

Rcher

Does anyone have any photos of the newest incarnation of the 700 police tactical 338lm? Apparently it has a longer barrel, different muzzle brake and a new stock. I did some horse tradin this weekend and ended up with one but I have not seen it yet and can't find any photos of it anywere.

JT

Neither one of those are it. I don't have a good picture of it, so the best I can do is describe the ones I held at SHOT. Imagine the MLR stock, but in green instead of black. Same mag and triggerguard. Barrel is fluted like the XCR tactical (3 large flutes) and finished at 26 inches. AAC muzzle brake adds more length. Metal is also Trynite finished.

Thanks for the info guys, from what I was told I would say what 444 is describing is what I am looking for. The other links aren't. Too bad nobody has any photos.

JT

I've got a couple photos on my iphone, but I couldn't get them to do any justice to what the gun actually is. It had me drooling the whole time I was there. You're VERY lucky to get one, as I was told by the Remington guys that they were surprised that it even showed up for display! They were supposed to be delivered mid year. I was trying to figure out how I could wager my firstborn in order to get one. One thing I was amazed with was the weight (or lack thereof) of the gun itself. You will definitely need that muzzle brake! If I can figure out how to post a picture of it, I will. If it's the XCR Tactical 338 Lapua that you're referring to, then it's the one I was fondling that week.

I got this one for a fuzz over 2 grand, seeing as how the Sako is $4000 even if this doesn't shoot I can have my gunsmith spin a new match grade tube on it after trueing it up and I'm still only into it for $2400 and it will shoot as well as the Sako and save me enough to pay for a NF.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts