Newcon 1800s

lowdowndirtybugger

I just received my newcon 1800s.

I took it up to the hill just to see what it could do. I was able to range hikers at 1045 and 1134. These were the farthest people I could see.
Next I ranged a hillside at 1445 1773 and 1584. I also ranged houses at 1576 and 1444. I ranged a white building side at 2014.

Conditions were bright sun and slightly hazy.

So far I'm impressed by this unit.

More to come

Attachments

• 20150309_164932.jpg
    20150309_164932.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I could find no published beam divergency info on it.

Couldja do some messing around and see if you are actually ranging what you think you are ranging.

Some of their offerings have as much as 2 Mil beam divergence (nearly 7 MOA). I found one that has a 0.7 Mrad divergence (about 2.4 MOA) which is darn decent but it is on the 6000 meter version.....

I could find no published beam divergency info on it.

Couldja do some messing around and see if you are actually ranging what you think you are ranging.

Some of their offerings have as much as 2 Mil beam divergence (nearly 7 MOA). I found one that has a 0.7 Mrad divergence (about 2.4 MOA) which is darn decent but it is on the 6000 meter version.....

the beam divergence is the same as the swaro. 2 mils. A lot of units have short height and 2.5+ mil wide divergence which will do the same thing.
The key is the algorithm and how the unit processes the return data.
One target I ranged I have ranged in the past when a friend bought a prlf5. This unit ranged within a yard of it.

A 2 mil divergence can help with hand held ranging yet a 1x1 mil the Bushnell 1mile binos could be more accurate if held steady but may require a tripod to obtain a reading

Today I got the unit out again. I drove down a long road that had a 1500 yard flat area than a hillside. The sun was behind me. Slightly haze and very thin cloud cover. The environment was urban.
I was able to range targets today out to 1996. The target at 1973 was a tan house. I ranged it between 2 other houses the ranged at 1557. I also ranged a white house at 1996.
I found with the 2 mil beam that sometimes when ranging if there was something in between the target and I that I would have to slightly move the beam around while scanning. This worked pretty well to discern what it was that the beam was reflecting off of.
Evergreens ranged very well out to 1880. Silver has major issues in sunlight. And black roofs in the sun past 1500 yards has issues.

With no line of sight issues pedestrians easy to 1150

I checked the measures with the ruler feature on Trimble gps hunt satellite/hybrid maps they were spot on.

Yes a tighter beam would be nice but honestly must units are in this same range.
Bushnell 1 mile tactical have a 1.5x3.5
A lot of units costing X2 as much have .5x 2.5
The swaro costing 2.5x as much has the same.

Every bush I ranged in the field on flat ground out to 810 yards ( end of field) returned measures.

I'm still very impressed

Wow..For the same $$$, the 1800 should range the pants off of my RX1000i. However at 1\2 the weight and 1\2 the size, my 1000i is easy in the carry bag! :D

Ted

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.