BRChic

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and wanted to jump in and see what's going on around here. I am a new hunter and looking to hear about others' hunting and shooting experiences and learn anything I can.
How are you all faring with the new season?

First off welcome to the forum, any information that you cant find with the search function just ask and somebody will respond. Right now im in Germany so my hunting is zilch. Be home in a week through and plan to chase some waterfowl. Good luck in your endeavors.

Also welcome to the finest forum on the planet.

The season in my neck of the woods is going very well. 7 people I know got a deer. One was a first deer, one was a first buck and one was over 400 yards (432 if memory serves me correctly). The fish and game dep is reporting a high degree of success. I don't know how many deer are big bucks but a bunch of folks are eating venison this season.

Welcome to LRH. It is the best place on the net and has some of the very best people on earth visiting here.

You are new to hunting but your alias implies that you are a benchrest shooter/competitor? Is this correct?

Hunting were I live has been a little more dismal this year than last but we have been having a heat wave most of the fall so far. A few big bucks have been taken off the mountains near were I live but not like usual.

Late season cow elk hunts are underway now so we will see how that goes. Mine starts a bit after Christmas and I am excited. I like spending Christmas eve in hunting camp. It gives a better view of the fat man flying around! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What part of the country you hunt in?

Season for me has been one badly executed shot with the bow on a decent buck whose where abouts has been known for some time. The bucks IQ appraoches that of Einstien so it will probably continue to outsmart me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Yes, the fact that I am into benchrest shooting is correct. I would have to say that I am still new at this end of shooting as well- just came across a bit of luck. I have participated in 3 of the Iowa 1000 yard bench rest competitions this year.
As far as the hunting goes, I guess I'm "paying my dues." Seems that I haven't really had any shots to take at the few deer we have seen so far. Of course the fact that other oblivious hunters drive around like it is not deer season may have a small part in this as well!!
I am more than interested in hearing others' advice, opinions and again, learning all that I can from other hunters/shooters...

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.