Newbie to long range hunting

John buck

Thanks for the warm welcome, definitely not something you see on forums these days. Little about myself, I'm from the great state of Washington, but I have been moving around the U.S with the Army for the last 15 years. During my recent military move back to Washington from Hawaii, I had to leave my hunting rifle in Hawaii thanks to a TSA agent, and during my search for a new hunting rifle I stumbled on to long range hunting. I'm excited to be apart of this group, from what I have already read there is a lot of knowledgeable people within his group. Once again thanks for the add and nice to meet everyone

Welcome to the forum! Do you get your rifle in HI back some day?

Thank you for your service.

-- Todd
Todd,

Unfortunately, I had to leave it behind. It was either miss an important flight to a army school and add plane tickets to the added loss or cut my losses with the rifle. It was a complete nightmare dealing with TSA, I was flying with five gun cases and the followed the airlines protocol to the T, I even added additional locks to all of my rifle cases. All of my other guns got through, but TSA claimed that the one rifle case could be tampered with. The delta airline people were even on my side, but one TSA individual decided he was going to take his bad day out on me.

Wow man. That's a major bummer. What kind of rifle did they steal?
Luckily it was my cheapest rifle, it was a savage that I had threaded with muzzle break and cerekoted. It could have been a lot worse, I also had a custom Noveske AR, ACR, and some 1911's with sentimental value that I would have been really upset about leaving behind.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.