newbie questions

dpmule

going to build a hunting rifle that has LR capability. this much I know.
(1)Shehane tracker II stock
(2)krieger barrel
Dilemas
(1) 300 H&H, 300 Wthby, 300 Tomahawk
(2) action, I have a older Savage 110 DL (left hand long action, I just missed a left hand Rem 700 with magnum bolt face on Midway.
Just looking for some positve input before I go to the wallet for output.

The tracker is a pure BR stock with 3" wide foreend. Not sure you really want to use that stock for a hunting rifle.

Look at www.baercustomrifles.com for his stocks. I just used his thumbhole sporting in butternut ($275 inletted) and it weighed 2.5 lbs finished. It has about an 1 3/4" flat on the bottom to ride a bag if you want to shoot off the bag. Look at the sporting stocks and the one I have is the thumbhole sporting.

He has all types laminate and over 50 stock patterns and cheaper than Shehanes.

Nothing wrong with the 300 Weatherby as long as your smith uses a reamer set up to minimize the freebore of the factory chambers.

BH

my mistake, i went back and looked at my e-mail to and from Bill Shehane and it's the Varmit/Br, a variation of the tracker with a 2.25 foreend. Thanks for the suggestion though, but where can I find somemore info on the "Tomahawk"
Is that freebore in excess to compensate for diferences in factory ammo and or bullets? and therefore can be "tightened" up for hand loads?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts