Newbie question on "Come Ups"

G

Ok

I'd like to set something up that I know how many clicks I have to come up at certain yardgs. Bad part is I only havea 100 yard range to work with. I'd like to figure if say at 300 yards..I need to come up X amount of clicks to be dead on...500 yds etc. Can someone please help me get started on this.

What software etc is needed

Joe

lablover -

If you are using a bullet from one of the big companies that have trajectory tables as part of their loading manual (Sierra - Nosler, etc) you can get a very close estimate from there. Also there are free ballistic programs on at least a couple of the shooting forums that are easy to use and very accurate. If you want to buy your own software a lot of guys like Sierra, but there are others. I've never found a need to buy a program. But if you like to play with that sort of thing, go for it.

[ 10-09-2004: Message edited by: Cheechako ]

Just want to thank Jeff in TX for the offline help

It's all very clear now
smile.gif

Joe

Joe,

Glad I could help. I'm working on tweaking the program you have and when I'm done, I'll send you out the latest copy.

Keep the questions coming.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.