Newbie here...

HillCountry54

All,
I am new here and to long range hunting. I have several questions that cannot be addressed in 1 thread. But to start,
I just bought a Remington model 700, Sendero SF, 7mm RUM. I am almost done sighting it in @ 300yrds. My main ques is this, how accurate should I expect this gun to be with factory loads? I read some threads talking about 1/3" @ 300yrds. Thats a group!!!
shocked.gif

Is that even possible with my gun?
Thansk in advance for all the help.
grin.gif

HillCountry

For stock 700 expect no more than .5 MOA ie 1.5 inches at 300. However more likely is with careful tuning you can get around 3/4 MOA as routine.

1/3 at 300 is custom guns and no wind days.

BH

Hillcountry ,
Could be closer to 1.5 inches at 100 (5 shots averaged 1.25) if it's anything like mine was . You'll know once you've tried it .
One hot day doesn't make a Summer and contrary to what lots of people think one good 3 shot group doesn't make an accurate rifle .You are talking 1/10 MOA out of a factory gun . Only in our dreams !
Add about $4000 to your Remington for groups that size .

[ 10-21-2004: Message edited by: Aussie ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts