Newbie From Colorado

Timberrline

Hello all, I just recently discovered this site, and the shooting sports in general. I have been a bowhunter, for many years, but this is my first endeavor into rifle hunting. I live on the front range of the Rockies near Denver, but love to spend as much time in the mountains as possible!

So, all who can help point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm a 37yo newbie, and I'm TRULY new to rifles and rifle hunting in general. I have shot a few rifles, and a few times in my life, but have always wanted to learn more and figured this was a great place to start.

If you have recommended videos, books, or posts to direct me to, so I can start this thing off right, please feel free to let me know. Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know some of you!

See you in the mountains!

Steve

Steve,

Welcome to LRH and enjoy! There are lots of good folks here that are always willing and able to help out. There are also lots of posts that you can do a search on but if you don't find it, just post your questions, and guys will get you on the right track.

I heard a lot of good reviews on Shawn Carlock's videos ... Products

Good luck!

Ed

Thanks, I'll be sure to check out his videos. Does anyone have any suggestions about some particularly great books I can read on rifles, ballistics, and gunsmithing? This may all be very basic things to learn, but I'm pretty much starting at the bottom here. Thanks.

I have a book titled "Longrange Shooting" Ill check the authors name and get back to you on it. Very good read and includes a ton of very useful info.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.