Newbie from CO

jonseim

I've never considered myself a long range hunter. I try to get as close as I can, but longest shot has been 482 or so on an elk with my Encore MGM barrel in .260 rem a few years ago.
I teach math to kids that say they can't learn it and have had great success as a teacher, wish we could teach kids to shoot while they were in school, but school policies prevent such things and have to wait until they graduate.
Got a few each year that have learned some stuff.
I'm still learning and having fun, seems like some folks here aren't afraid to share what they know and help us newbies out.
Hope all are ready for the snow that's coming, we need moisture and the fire fighters need it even more!
Summers are spent teaching my daughters and a few others to raft and spend time in the outdoors, we tend to to a spring turkey hunt as well via floating rubber.

Happy days to all
Jon

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you do some amazing work. I wish I had someone like you to get me over the math hurtle when I was much younger.

I've never considered myself a long range hunter. I try to get as close as I can, but longest shot has been 482 or so on an elk with my Encore MGM barrel in .260 rem a few years ago.
I teach math to kids that say they can't learn it and have had great success as a teacher, wish we could teach kids to shoot while they were in school, but school policies prevent such things and have to wait until they graduate.
Got a few each year that have learned some stuff.
I'm still learning and having fun, seems like some folks here aren't afraid to share what they know and help us newbies out.
Hope all are ready for the snow that's coming, we need moisture and the fire fighters need it even more!
Summers are spent teaching my daughters and a few others to raft and spend time in the outdoors, we tend to to a spring turkey hunt as well via floating rubber.

Happy days to all
Jon
Welcome from Alabama. Glad to have you here Jon. My hats off to you for what you do with kids. I'm glad we've got some good folks like yourself to be a good role model for kids. I know it takes way more paitence than alot of folks have.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you do some amazing work. I wish I had someone like you to get me over the math hurtle when I was much younger.
I still can, I firmly believe that learning math is all about learning to learn. Algebra teaches you to think and solve problems, multiple ways, all legitimate. If you can learn to learn, you can learn anything. Iphone and others can now measure pythagoras for you, no need to know that some legs squared and added together equals the hypotenuse squared. Learn to learn and all is well!

I still can, I firmly believe that learning math is all about learning to learn. Algebra teaches you to think and solve problems, multiple ways, all legitimate. If you can learn to learn, you can learn anything. Iphone and others can now measure pythagoras for you, no need to know that some legs squared and added together equals the hypotenuse squared. Learn to learn and all is well!
I eventually "learned to learn" but it would have helped if I could have done that at an earlier age. Keep up the good work!

Welcome, from Kansas. Hope Colorado is getting some beneficial snow this year. Projected drought monitor doesn't look good for upcoming wildfire season.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.